• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Depends on how Biden does. Moderates will stay with him or a continuation of his policies if he does well.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

Have any of you voted for a senator or governor who was a republican?

I have voted for far more Republicans than Democrats in my life. And for that I apologize. Was raised in a conservative household, didn’t realize how fucking disgusting and parasitic evangelicalism and the GOP was until I was in my mid-20’s.

Last edited:
I have voted for far more Republicans than Democrats in my life. And for that I apologize. Was raised in a conservative household, didn’t realize how fucking disgusting and parasitic evangelicalism and the GOP was until I was in my mid-20’s.

Defeats the purpose of the question. I was trying to show the echo chamber here, which you have helped prove.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

Defeats the purpose of the question. I was trying to show the echo chamber here, which you have helped prove.

How is it an echo chamber? If you mean there aren’t many audible cheerleaders of cronyism, white supremacy and fascism, then sure. Because that’s what it takes to be a proud Pub today. Support of one or both of those ideologies. The party literally just announced that everything they stand for is Donald Trump. What other values does he have?

Back in 2009 I helped out a HS buddy who was working for a prominent SC politician right out of college and set up and worked a table at the state GOP convention that year. His boss wanted to run for governor. In attendance was Haley, Sanford, McMaster and several others. After being around them and hearing them speak for two hours, I walked out and left the GOP the next day.

The best thing I could have done for humanity would have been to start a fire and lock all the doors. My skin was crawling being around those scum bags.

That is the modern day GOP. A cesspool of con men and false prophets who better pray they’re wrong about religion because they are all headed to hell.

First, the Grim Reaper. Then Nikki Haley.

Of course she did. Anybody left in the GOP is a Trumpite. He has squeezed everyone else out of the party. Just look at the convention this week it is a four day Trump handjob.

Once he's gone the GOP will either rally around wannabe authoritarian type or the party will fracture. Honestly the best case scenario, one that removes the fascist elements from real power, would be a party realignment. Eventually the Democratic party is going to have a reset as well. Neither party really makes sense anymore, they are broad coalitions who's internal goals clash dramatically with each other.

Would love to see a real labor party come into existence, one which reflect the values of the working and middle classes, regardless of race. Let the "moderates" have their own party where they continue to lobby for low taxes and corporate welfare.

Last edited:

Seriously. I believe it was the late, great Molly Ivins who once said that Cal Thomas had one of the finest minds of the fourteenth century. The idea that the GOP's current troubles stem from the fact that it's too moderate and is "Democrat Lite" has no basis in reality. If Cal thinks that Republicans are caving in too much to Democrats, God only knows what his vision of a militant GOP would look like (hint: the GOP is already militant, reactionary, and refusing to compromise, and they've been that way for some time.)

tHE RigHt IS sT@rTing tO GEt bETTer @ CoMEdY

The half basket of deplorables added a half basket of low information, dumb, collaborators. Everyone left in the gop is complicit.

Back