• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Don't worry. The gop will be back to its normal self once trump calmly leaves the white house.

BUT ROBERT BYRD!!

HYPOCRISY!

can't all of these people be replaced in a month?

Great internet detective work by Conger. I am worried for her putting herself out there taking down evil cops.

lots of Republican piling blame on Trump for Georgia, and probably rightfully so

I think this points to a future where there is a passionate base of Trump-style Republicans to whom the GOP will have to acquiesce, especially in certain states, and I think that style will continue to hold power in certain states for a while

but I don't think it spells a future where the national GOP fully embraces the Trump contingent for years and years to come as some are predicting

They’re in a tough spot because maybe some people didn’t turnout because of Trump. But a lot of people turned out because of Trump.

It’s too early to see if high turnout across the board continues. They can’t and won’t abandon Trump though. They need his supporters.

I saw some analysis that it looks like Trump turns out the Rural base like nobody else can (especially if he is on the ticket) at the same time he turns off the suburban base which are high propensity voters that will vote in any election regardless. The two really don't coexist. Final vote not in but it seems Perdue ran much better in the suburbs than he did in November sharing the ticket with Trump, at the same time the turnout was down relative to elsewhere in rural counties and the margins shifted in those counties as well, running 2-6 points worse without trump on the ticket.

Back