• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

If Greene lived in an earlier historical era, I don't think there's any doubt at this point that she would be a proud member of the Women's Auxiliary of the Ku Klux Klan (1920s), the isolationist, anti-Semitic America First Committee (pre-Pearl Harbor WW2), or a member of the White Citizens Councils in the South during the Civil Rights Era. She's about as brazen as one can be. And if the insurrectionists had killed some of her fellow members of Congress, I don't think she would have batted an eye or lifted a finger to help. She's not just crazy, she and others of her ilk (Boebert, Cawthorne) are dangerous, and ought to be treated as such. Some of her colleagues are justified in wondering about their safety thanks to some members of Congress like her.

I get what Gomez is trying to do. I get the outrage. But people need to realize trolling school shooting survivors, posting harmful conspiracy theories, and liking posts about assassinating Democrats are why she got elected. That was her campaign.

I get what Gomez is trying to do. I get the outrage. But people need to realize trolling school shooting survivors, posting harmful conspiracy theories, and liking posts about assassinating Democrats are why she got elected. That was her campaign.

Yeah, but the point is making people nationwide aware of what an especially vile piece of shit she is and then smear the entire GOP because of their association and failure to condemn her.

Yeah, but the point is making people nationwide aware of what an especially vile piece of shit she is and then smear the entire GOP because of their association and failure to condemn her.

To what end exactly? Increased donations from out of state conservatives?

And not only did she get elected, she got 75% of the vote.

Ads are only part of the equation. The other part is a conservative media ecosystem that demonizes these people non-stop. Dems just don't have that, so an ad buy wouldn't be as effective.

That video is beyond disturbing, but she represents the Republican Party well. They're more interested in protecting gun rights than protecting people from gun violence.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy/Sedition

Shit. That could happen.

The big questions are how much of an advantage would running against Trump give Democrats and if gerrymandering would do enough to counter it.

Lois Frankel beat Laura Loomer by 20 points in the last election there. No way Trump would ever care to be Speaker. Too much work and not enough ceremonial shit.

Back