• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I think this is the plan. Extreme gerrymandering then primary anybody who crossed Trump.

Is there any longer any doubt by anyone who is sane that a majority of the GOP is now a quasi-religious cult of personality? They actually like genuflecting before Dear Leader, obeying his every whim, and going after his enemies and critics with every weapon at their disposal. Whatever Republicans thought they stood for is out the window - for a majority of Republicans their platform and ideology now consists of whatever Trump and his family wants. And owning liberals. But at least traditional Republicans got all those judges out of the deal!

Trump must be going crazier than usual after hearing BLM has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. :)

It’s hard not to interpret this as Republicans telling their followers to focus the violence on Dems.

LOL at comparing vote totals between influential Republican and Democrats.

In the “few bad apples” metaphor Newt Gingrich poisoned the tree like a opposite Johnny Appleseed.

I don't think Republicans want to get into comparing popular vote totals as justification for whom "the people" actually support. 7 of the last 8 presidential elections and all that. Just saying.

She’s far from the only person who wants to execute Nancy Pelosi. In fact hundreds of people broke into the Capitol to do just that.

Imagine, God forbid, if something did happen to AOC or Pelosi or some other Congressional Dem and it was shown that Greene or Boebert instigated it (not at all implausible.) It's likely that Hutchinson or most other Pubs would still have given a similar answer - "Well, I know you said that Greene did call for Pelosi's death and the killers said they did it at her request, and that she sent out a tweet that looks celebratory, but I don't know if she should actually be removed from her seat in Congress. That just seems like a terribly drastic move and would set a really bad precedent. Maybe we should let the voters in her district decide what to do. So I'm not gonna answer your question about whether I personally think she should be removed or face criminal charges."

Last edited:
341ec5f25b9ad562c15eb12a0c39b9f9.jpg

She’s far from the only person who wants to execute Nancy Pelosi. In fact hundreds of people broke into the Capitol to do just that.

And we should not pay them to work in our government, either.

It really has become a Holy War for many of these folks. The fact that their leader is closer to the Antichrist than to Jesus doesn't matter, nor does the endless list of hypocrites on the Religious Right. They're fighting the forces of Satan in the name of Dear Leader. If nothing else, Donald Trump has exposed just how nutty, disturbed, and deluded millions of Americans still are. At this point it's beginning to look like more violence of some sort is inevitable, either in DC or in a state capitol (likely a blue state like Michigan or Minnesota or Virginia) somewhere.

No surprise, but the great GOP effort to restrict voting (and especially mail-in voting) has begun in state legislatures all over the country, and not just in red states. Already over 100 bills have been introduced in 28 states. "More than a third of those proposals are aimed at limiting mail voting, while other bills seek to strengthen voter ID requirements and registration processes, as well as allow for more aggressive means to remove people from voter rolls." My favorite excuse from Republicans as to why they're doing this is that "the new bills are meant to shore up public confidence after Trump and his GOP allies, without evidence, criticized the election as fraudulent." So despite there being no evidence of significant vote fraud anywhere in the country, Republicans - to make Dear Leader and their base happy - are going to pass restrictive laws anyway. If you can't beat 'em, keep 'em from voting in the first place. And good luck filing lawsuits in the courts to stop all of this, as in many of these states the GOP controls the state supreme court, and now they have a good percentage of federal courts and the Supreme Court itself.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-lawmakers-seek-tougher-voting-144253626.html

Back