• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Come on. You used to be smarter than this.

The design company said it had "no idea" the stage resembled a Nordic rune appropriated by Nazis when they came up with the design. Neither did CPAC when they picked the design from the several the design company came up with. CPAC isn't apologizing for something it didn't do and is a made-up controversy. I don't blame them. I had never heard of the Odal Rune before any of this, much less know that the Nazis had appropriated it, and I doubt anyone at the design company or CPAC had either. It's not like it's a fucking swastika.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cpac-nordic-rune-stage-design-firm-no-idea-nazi-symbol-2021-3

This whole thing is utterly asinine. If you think this is a real story, you are letting your hatred for conservatives color your perception of reality. With Trump out of office, the looney left has to gin up conservative bogeymen conspiracy theories at every turn. This is the lie du jour, you bought it hook, line, and sinker, and you'll buy the next one too.

The self-proclaimed big brains on the Tunnels continuing to fall time after time for the left wing conspiracy theories and hoaxes actively promoted on this board will never not be funny.

What a team Chickenbug and Brad!

Why do the rest of us even try?

The self-proclaimed big brains on the Tunnels continuing to fall time after time for the left wing conspiracy theories and hoaxes actively promoted on this board will never not be funny.

Not quite as funny as your ongoing slapfight with math, but the point still stands.

Agreed. And what makes it all the better is that these are the same people who (rightly) castigate the far right for ... falling time after time for right wing conspiracy theories.

Physician, heal thyself.

Come on. You used to be smarter than this.

The design company said it had "no idea" the stage resembled a Nordic rune appropriated by Nazis when they came up with the design. Neither did CPAC when they picked the design from the several the design company came up with. CPAC isn't apologizing for something it didn't do and is a made-up controversy. I don't blame them. I had never heard of the Odal Rune before any of this, much less know that the Nazis had appropriated it, and I doubt anyone at the design company or CPAC had either. It's not like it's a fucking swastika.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cpac-nordic-rune-stage-design-firm-no-idea-nazi-symbol-2021-3

This whole thing is utterly asinine. If you think this is a real story, you are letting your hatred for conservatives color your perception of reality. With Trump out of office, the looney left has to gin up conservative bogeymen conspiracy theories at every turn. This is the lie du jour, you bought it hook, line, and sinker, and you'll buy the next one too.

image-placeholder-title.webp

so we are to believe this was chosen randomly? somebody knew

If you go to a design company for a stage or even a convention booth, they ask you if you have any ideas before they start. Very rarely will anyone give carte blanche without any discussions. That's not how it works.

Come on you guys! You don't believe the press releases from the company or from CPAC denying that they knew what they were doing? Since when do press releases lie about embarrassing things?

Thread on how MTG and her ilk are holding up the democratic process and passage of the COVID bill by objecting to the unanimous approval bills like proclamations and post office renamings.

Thread on how MTG and her ilk are holding up the democratic process and passage of the COVID bill by objecting to the unanimous approval bills like proclamations and post office renamings.

They appear to have finally reached the point at which they simply don't want the government to function at all, or be able to perform even its most basic functions. Forget this "small government, limited government, states rights" crap, let's just go for broke and shut the whole federal government down for good!

They appear to have finally reached the point at which they simply don't want the government to function at all, or be able to perform even its most basic functions. Forget this "small government, limited government, states rights" crap, let's just go for broke and shut the whole federal government down for good!

Highland, I am not trying to shit on you, but the GQP have been at the point of not wanting the government to function at all for at least a decade.

I'd love to know more about the "man behind the curtain". There's a 0.00000% chance that MTG is masterminding schemes of how to utilize process maneuvers to hinder Democratic sponsored legislation.

Agreed. And what makes it all the better is that these are the same people who (rightly) castigate the far right for ... falling time after time for right wing conspiracy theories.

Physician, heal thyself.
It isn't a conspiracy theory that they used a nazi symbol for the stage design. Perhaps it was a complete mistake and coincidence but if that is the case than they are terrible at their jobs, which includes messaging.

When you have an entire movement that is playing footsie with neonazis and white supremacists, the contention that you and Brad are trying to desperately make that it's absurd to speculate that there might have been some nefarious messaging here is kind of silly.

Last edited:
I mean what was the end result of using a nazi symbol as the stage design for a group that is trying to secretly court the support of white supremacists, white nationalists, Neo nazis and general Qanon conspiracy nuts because they need these people to win elections?

Even if you take the firm's word for it that they were unaware and are taking ownership of the design, was there a collaborative process in coming up with these designs?

Last edited:
Highland, I am not trying to shit on you, but the GQP have been at the point of not wanting the government to function at all for at least a decade.

True, but I do think it's just gotten worse and worse. At least, they haven't been pulling these types of stunts on a daily basis until now.

Back