• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

The election is over.
Why ya'll still complaining.

We got a Pres on the way to being the worst in history.

Correction he is there already.

Sad times.

The election is over.
Why ya'll still complaining.

We got a Pres on the way to being the worst in history.

Correction he is there already.

Sad times.

He didn't leave office with fewer people having jobs than when he took office like Trump did. Hint, only Hoover did this in the last 150 years.

His lies didn't kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Americans who believed his lies and millions more who got sick because his murderous policies.

No POTUS has more people ho worked for him indicted, plead guilty or convicted than Trump.

No POTUS had ever sent a mob to overthrow a legitimate election like Trump did.

But Silk supports the racist, orange traitor.

He's as delusional as angus, sailor and 2&2.

The best thing about that Politico article is that there was an unscheduled meeting between four GOP Senate hopefuls at a GOP fundraiser at Trump’s home and the report has an incredible level of detail. There had to be multiple leaks.

Actually let me take that back. Maybe there weren’t leaks. I could see Trump’s people proudly describing that meeting as a warning to other potential candidates.

But yes. So dumb.

He didn't leave office with fewer people having jobs than when he took office like Trump did. Hint, only Hoover did this in the last 150 years.

His lies didn't kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Americans who believed his lies and millions more who got sick because his murderous policies.

No POTUS has more people ho worked for him indicted, plead guilty or convicted than Trump.

No POTUS had ever sent a mob to overthrow a legitimate election like Trump did.

But Silk supports the racist, orange traitor.

He's as delusional as angus, sailor and 2&2.

To you, knowing the truth would be something that needs "meds". Please show me one thing posted that isn't true.

Your statements were, as you know, all lies.

Trumps unemployment numbers were the best in history. His tax cuts and regulation had the economy expanding faster than in prior administrations. And then the pandemic.
His leadership got the vaccine developed the fastest in history. All the media said he couldn't do it and he did.

Your statements were, as you know, all lies.

Trumps unemployment numbers were the best in history. His tax cuts and regulation had the economy expanding faster than in prior administrations. And then the pandemic.
His leadership got the vaccine developed the fastest in history. All the media said he couldn't do it and he did.

His "leadership" had little to do with the vaccine as all those companies were working on Covid already. But Trump did fuck up the distribution.

As to my statement about fewer people working when Trump left office than when he took office. It's 100% true!

https://fortune.com/2021/01/11/us-e...ed-past-presidents-worst-record-since-hoover/

"When Trump took office in Jan. 2017, U.S. employment was at 145.6 million. On Friday, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics released its final jobs report before the Jan. 20 inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden. It shows in December there were 142.6 million employed Americans, down 3 million from Trump's own inauguration."

The reason they tanked was how badly Trump botched Covid.

I noticed your neglecting how Trump's lies about Covid killed innocent Americans.

I noticed how you neglected the first attempted coup in US history that was created by Trump's Big Lie.

Even the kraken has admitted IN COURT FILINGS the voter fraud was all lies SO DUMB that no reasonable person could possibly believe them.

I've been reading an older biography of Adlai Stevenson II, the Democratic presidential nominee in 1952 and 1956. He was known for his eloquence and for being one of the few pols willing to openly criticize and call out Senator Joseph McCarthy at his height of power. In February 1954, in response to GOP attacks on the loyalty of Democrats (including former President Truman) at a Lincoln Day fundraiser, Stevenson gave a remarkable speech about how McCarthyism was warping and undermining the Republican Party and American politics as a whole, and it's very pertinent to today. I've quoted the highlights below, but it easily sounds like a speech that could be given about our current situation.

"This has been a fateful week in the history of American government. We are witnessing the bitter harvest from the seeds of slander, defamation, and disunion planted in the soil of our democracy...Those of us - and they are most of us - who are more Americans than Democrats or Republicans count some things more important than winning or losing elections. It is wicked and it is subversive for public officials to try deliberately to replace reason with passion; to substitute hatred for honest difference...When one party says the other is the party of traitors who have deliberately conspired to betray America, to fill our government services with Communists and spies...they violate not only the limits of partisanship, they offend not only the credulity of the people, but they stain the vision of America and of democracy.

That such things are said under the official sponsorship of the Republican Party in celebration of the birthday of Abraham Lincoln adds desecration to defamation. This is the first time that politicians, Republicans at that, have sought to split the Union - and in Lincoln's honor. This system of ours is wholly dependent upon a mutual confidence in the loyalty, the patriotism, the integrity of purpose of both political parties. Extremism produces extremism, lies beget lies. The infection of bitterness and hatred spreads all too quickly from one area of our life to another. And those who live by the sword of slander also may perish by it, for now it is being used against distinguished Republicans. We have just seen a sorry example of this in the baseless charges hurled against our honored Chief Justice [Earl Warren]. When demagoguery and deceit become a national political movement we Americans are in trouble; not just Democrats, but all of us."

Change a few words here and there and that speech would be even more relevant today than it was then. Perhaps it's worth noting that McCarthy's chief aide and adviser was Roy Cohn, who later became a personal attorney and adviser to Donald J. Trump. So while McCarthy himself may have self-destructed, the seeds he planted in some sense bore fruit in Trump and Trumpism.

Last edited:
I’ll let RJ waste the time shouting at silk but I’m curious what news sources are leading him to believe that Biden is on his way to the worst presidency in history? I’d think Fox is probably ignoring Biden’s largely popular start and whining about culture war stuff. You’d have to be watching some far off shit to spin what’s happened so far as worst in history.

Wait. There are still rubes who think Trump is responsible for the development of the COVID-19 vaccines?

Yes. The same vaccine that Biden got on live TV a week after the first shot was administered. The same vaccine Trump took in secret in January that wasn't reported until a few weeks ago. The same vaccine that even Trump's most ardent followers don't plan to get.

Back