• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Your statements were, as you know, all lies.

Trumps unemployment numbers were the best in history. His tax cuts and regulation had the economy expanding faster than in prior administrations. And then the pandemic.
His leadership got the vaccine developed the fastest in history. All the media said he couldn't do it and he did.
Look at the GDP growth rates. We had a short term one year bump due to tax cuts.

The growth in 19 was less than 15 & 16 which was pretty much expected so you are simply wrong.

Last edited:
Look at the GDP growth rates. We had a short term one year bump due to tax cuts.

The growth in 19 was less than 15 & 16 which was pretty much expected so you are simply wrong.

The tax cuts didn't create jobs. Demand creates jobs. Giving corporations tax cuts will not create jobs.

There were rumors this morning he was gonna resign to work at Newsmax, and now this comes out

See, folks, he planted this to catch someone in the FBI who was blackmailing him. That makes total sense to me and completely believable.

I'm not sure "I've been very generous with past girlfriends" is the defense he thinks it is?

See, folks, he planted this to catch someone in the FBI who was blackmailing him. That makes total sense to me and completely believable.

No idea if this story has any legs - Gaetz's increasingly frantic and elaborate denials certainly makes one wonder. Given the weird stories about his adult "adopted" son, it doesn't seem very surprising that something like this would eventually come out about him.

I'm not sure "I've been very generous with past girlfriends" is the defense he thinks it is?

Yeah, some of his answers to reporter's questions certainly don't fit the traditional Christian conservative family values type - "Yeah, I've been with lots of women and paid them for, you know, things."

"I only know that it has to do with women,” Gaetz told the paper. “I have a suspicion that someone is trying to recategorize my generosity to ex-girlfriends as something more untoward..."The allegations against me are as searing as they are false," Gaetz said. "I believe that there are people at the Department of Justice who are trying to criminalize my sexual conduct, you know when I was a single guy."

"I have definitely, in my single days, provided for women I've dated," Gaetz added. "You know, I've paid for flights, for hotel rooms. I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner. I think someone is trying to make that look criminal when it is not."

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-rep-matt-gaetz-under-investigation-for-sexual-relationship-with-17-year-old-221819113.html

None of that has anything to do with the girl he allegedly raped.

This is peak 2021 GOP

nothing to see here. the fbi is good with me outing details about their sources and methods in attempting to defend my honor. once these leaks were made to derail the investigation they told me, "go. do what you need to do. you outing our investigation is actually much better than those trying to out the investigation to ruin it. it won't harm us at all. only them... or you."

also, did that former official lose his jobby job January 20th? naw... former biden official started the 1/20 and left 3/28... right sailor?

Back