• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

DIp6n66XcAEkBWs.jpg

Weekly average of 78% among Republicans.

No. Somebody tweeted it in response to your tweet.

Wow. According to Dobbs, Trump striking a deal with Democrats means Paul Ryan is an obsolete RINO. Amazing stuff.

By the way, Dobbs has had work done. He looked younger there than his CNN days.

Wow. According to Dobbs, Trump striking a deal with Democrats means Paul Ryan is an obsolete RINO. Amazing stuff.

By the way, Dobbs has had work done. He looked younger there than his CNN days.

Finally, a truly bi-partisan president.

So Republicans in media are excited about a Democrat plan they believe benefits Democrats because Trump agreed to it and it makes Republicans look bad.

It's fascinating to see this cult of Trump gain power.

I thought you would be happy about the pivot to the left. Pubs in congress have been absolutely ineffective. Trump does not care who he works with. He is no ideologue. He is barely a Republican.
I think it is interesting that he is willing to piss off McConnel and Ryan.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread

I thought you would be happy about the pivot to the left. Pubs in congress have been absolutely ineffective. Trump does not care who he works with. He is no ideologue. He is barely a Republican.
I think it is interesting that he is willing to piss off McConnel and Ryan.

Who said I wasn't happy?

I'm glad they got a deal done quickly and without the usual GOP hassle.

It's silly to call this a pivot though.

Fascinating that the man who "wrote" Art of the Deal just got absolutely bitch slapped on this deal WHILE MCCONNELL AND RYAN WERE IN THE ROOM. It's almost like he's not a good deal maker.

Fascinating that the man who "wrote" Art of the Deal just got absolutely bitch slapped on this deal WHILE MCCONNELL AND RYAN WERE IN THE ROOM. It's almost like he's not a good deal maker.

Could be. Or it could be that he is no deficit hawk and likes the idea of showing Pub leaders that that if they will not work with him, he is happy to defect.

Will be interesting to see if this causes further division between Trump and pub leaders or if they move his way.

Can't turn off too many pubs in congress because then impeachment becomes a real possibility. The democrats will use him for all he is worth but if presented any sliver of destroying him and getting him out of office they would jump at it.

The most interesting thing about it is that FoxNews is on his side about this step. Actual conservatives like jh (as opposed to the authoritarian-loving shitstains like knowell, bkf, and tintin) must be freaking out. If you have lost the thought-leaders of the right on deficit reduction, you might as well pack it up and form a new party.

Back