• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

LOL, how does jumping into the final stretch of a race -- any race -- prove that you are a superior athlete. What a joke.

[h=1]State Sen. Bryce Marlatt resigns Tuesday, six days after being charged with sexual battery[/h]
http://m.newsok.com/state-sen.-bryc...orning-in-sexual-battery-case/article/5563751

----
Marlatt, 40, is the third Republican state senator to resign this year after coming under criminal investigation. He was processed and released at the Oklahoma County jail Tuesday morning and then made his first court appearance in the felony case.
He was charged last week, accused of forcefully grabbing a female Uber driver and kissing her on the neck while she was driving. He also is accused of making sexual advances toward the driver, who is 41, while in transit on the night of June 26 in Oklahoma City.
The driver told a police detective that Marlatt said, "Hey, you got nice t---," when she first picked him up at a restaurant, according to a court affidavit.
----

Wow. Just wow. Is everyone in today's GOP corrupt and unethical as fuck?

Roy Moore guaranteed $180K annually by charity in undisclosed deal: report

October 11, 2017 - 01:43 PM EDT
Getty Images

By John Bowden 22
Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) received more than $1 million from a charity group between 2007 and 2012 for part-time work despite claiming he received no "regular salary" from the group, according to a new report.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that Moore had arranged to take a yearly salary of $180,000 from the Alabama-based Foundation for Moral Law, a charity he founded to promote Christian values in government.

Moore told a jury in 2011 that his salary was not a "regular" one from the foundation but rather a "special project" he set up.

“My salary does not come by way of a regular salary from the Foundation, but through a special project that I run so that I don’t inhibit the Foundation,” Moore said in August of that year.

That special project was "Project Jeremiah," a fundraising effort spearheaded by Moore that the former Alabama chief justice proposed would pay for his special salary. However, a deal with the group stated that the charity would pay the difference if Project Jeremiah was unable to fund Moore's desired $180,000 in a given year, according to the Post.

Despite this, the group was unable to afford to pay all of Moore's salary when he left the group in 2012 and instead gave him a promissory note that eventually became worth $540,000 or an equal stake in a historic building in Montgomery, Ala., the charity's most valuable asset, the newspaper reported.

The property is a pre-Civil War office building the charity bought in 2005 for $546,000 and immediately began renovating. Those improvements cost hundreds of thousands more, according to the Post.

According to charity officials, Moore still carries that note, which he can cash in on demand.

Moore, who was twice ousted as chief justice of the state Supreme Court, defeated establishment favorite Sen. Luther Strange in last month's GOP primary runoff for the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Moore is favored against Democrat Doug Jones in the Dec. 12 special election.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-from-charity-despite-claiming-he-received-no

DL594lIVAAADgSw.jpg:large

He's posted a few of those "conversations" that look like Democrat fan fiction.

Me: And what do Senate GOPers think of Donald's hands?
Him: All I'm gonna say is people are freaking out.
Me: And his penis?
Him: Trump could be the end of the Republican Party.

Look at this snowflake:

Skip to 3:50 to see him go all Infowars.

Arizona's Paul Gosar Blames George Soros for Charlottesville Violence

btw, did a quick search of his name on the boards since this story is a few days old, this is the only occurence:

"I think it's totally inappropriate that the Pope is weighing in on all the real sensitive, far-left issues," said Oklahoma Republican James Inhofe, one of the most conservative senators. "I'm not a Catholic, but my Catholic friends in Oklahoma are not real pleased with it."

Rep. Paul Gosar, a Catholic Republican from Arizona, plans to boycott the event.

"I don't need to be lectured by the Pope about climate change," Gosar said in an interview off the House floor. "When he wants to take a political position, I will tell you: He is free and clear to be criticized like the rest of us."

:bowrofl:

Just how small can the tent get?

Consumer Bureau Loses Fight to Allow More Class-Action Suits

Late last night, the Senate voted to reverse a new rule meant to prevent financial institutions from forcing customers into arbitration. Mike Pence broke the tie. Lindsey Graham and John Kennedy were the R no votes.

Wall Street wins big as Senate votes to roll back regulation allowing consumers to sue their banks

The rules would have cost the industry billions of dollars, according to some estimates. With the Senate's vote, Wall Street is beginning to reap the benefits of the Trump administration focus on rolling back regulations it says are strangling the economy. The vote is also a major rebuke of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which wrote the rules, and has often found itself at odds of Republicans in Congress and the business community.

At issue is the fine print in many of the agreements that consumers sign when they apply for credit cards or bank accounts. These agreements typically require them to settle any disputes they have with the company through arbitration, in which a third party rules on the matter, rather than going to court or joining a class-action lawsuit.

it's almost like all the things the Democrats warned were going to happen are happening

Back