• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Holy shit this article

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...rump-johnstown-pennsylvania-supporters-215800

“I don’t know that he has done a lot to help,” Frear told me. Last year, she said she wouldn’t vote for him again if he didn’t do what he said he was going to do. Last week, she matter-of-factly stated that she would. “Support Trump? Sure,” she said. “I like him.” When I asked Del Signore about the past year here, he said he “didn’t see any change because we got a new president.” He nonetheless remains an ardent proponent. “He’s our answer.”

I asked Schilling what would happen if the next three years go the way the past one has.

“I’m not going to blame him,” Schilling said. “Absolutely not.”

Is there anything that could change her mind about Trump?

“Nope,” she said

“Everybody I talk to,” he said, “realizes it’s not Trump who’s dragging his feet. Trump’s probably the most diligent, hardest-working president we’ve ever had in our lifetimes. It’s not like he sleeps in till noon and goes golfing every weekend, like the last president did.”

More than anything, what seemed to upset the people I spoke with was the National Football League players who have knelt during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality.

“As far as I’m concerned,” Frear told me, “if I was the boss of these teams, I would tell ’em, ‘You get your asses out there and you play, or you’re not here anymore.’ They’re paying their salaries, for God’s sake.”

“Shame on them,” Del Signore said over his alfredo. “These clowns are out there, making millions of dollars a year, and they’re using some stupid excuse that they want equality—so I’ll kneel against the flag and the national anthem?”

“You’re not a fan of equality?” I asked.

“For people who deserve it and earn it,” he said. “All my ancestors, Italian, 100 percent Italian, the Irish, Germans, Polish, whatever—they all came over here, settled in places like this, they worked hard and they earned the respect. They earned the success that they got. Some people don’t want to do that. They just want it handed to them.”

“Like NFL players?” I said.

“Well,” Del Signore responded, “I hate to say what the majority of them are …” He stopped himself short of what I thought he was about to say.

Schilling and her husband, however, did not restrain themselves.

“The thing that irritates me to no end is this NFL shit,” Schilling told me in her living room. “I’m about ready to go over the top with this shit. We do not watch no NFL now.” They’re Dallas Cowboys fans. “We banned ’em. We don’t watch it.”

Schilling looked at her husband, Dave McCabe, who’s 67 and a retired high school basketball coach. She nodded at me. “Tell him,” she said to McCabe, “what you said the NFL is …”

McCabe looked momentarily wary. He laughed a little. “I don’t remember saying that,” he said unconvincingly.

Schilling was having none of it. “You’re the one that told me, liar,” she said.

She looked at me.

The NFL?

“Niggers for life,” Schilling said.

“For life,” McCabe added.

College educated men with jobs who are the best in the world in their chosen field?

Niggers.

These are the "real Americans" board conservatives say we need to listen to.

My favorite was the dumbass who ranted about how Trump doesn't play golf like Obama did.

College educated men with jobs who are the best in the world in their chosen field?

Niggers.

My favorite was the dumbass who ranted about how Trump doesn't play golf like Obama did.

I think the difference was the "sleep until noon" part, because you know that's what those people do, right?

The NFL?

“Niggers for life,” Schilling said.

“For life,” McCabe added.

There's a Marky Mark movie where he carves "4 LYF" in his chest, and I wanted to post that image, but alas, cannot find it in 30s of searching.

There's a Marky Mark movie where he carves "4 LYF" in his chest, and I wanted to post that image, but alas, cannot find it in 30s of searching.

"Nicole 4 Eva" from the film, Fear.

20130701-175311.jpg

Niggers.

Yeah, I don't want these people in my political party and I don't want candidates that appeal to these people. Tolerant left jokes aside, there really is no place for that willful ignorance in civil society.

Now you are thinking about Reece Witherspoon getting fingerbanged on a roller coaster. Underrated film.

Yeah, I don't want these people in my political party and I don't want candidates that appeal to these people. Tolerant left jokes aside, there really is no place for that willful ignorance in civil society.

Well the GOP has a home for them. Screw the PC libtards who don't like calling black men "niggers."

pop culture has simultaneously taught me women have orgasms easily and also fake orgasms frequently

tenor.gif

Why would the GOP move on and start over when their current strategy engenders the most diehard loyalty among a mathematically strong base of voters? It's beyond time that voting Democrats stop expecting the Republican party to redeem itself and get back to normal. They arent going to be moral and "fight fair", not ever again.

Think about it, the GOP is so strong and their voters are so loyal, that they might elect a goddamned pedophile to Senate. This Democrat Third Way bullshit stands no chance against that.

Why would the GOP move on and start over when their current strategy engenders the most diehard loyalty among a mathematically strong base of voters? It's beyond time that voting Democrats stop expecting the Republican party to redeem itself and get back to normal. They arent going to be moral and "fight fair", not ever again.

Because it's a house of cards and completely unsustainable in the long run.

If the GOP wants to triple down on the Steve Bannon strategy of appealing to the base...by all means go for it. It's a losing strategy that appeals to 30-35% of the country at best. You can win some seats in the senate and house in the short run but good luck appealing to voters on a national level. Especially as the demographics get consistently worse for the GOP base from here on out.

Last edited:
Back