Page 6 of 366 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 7305

Thread: Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy/Sedition

  1. #101
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I see. So in other words, nothing.

    As for my aviator, in I'm Gonna Get You Sucka, a late 1980s parody of the blackspliotation genre, the protagonist's brother, whose name was Junebug, died of OG (over gold) because he wore to many gold chains. As for me, I spend too much time on the OG (old gold) Boards. Therefore, I'm sort of like Junebug, and I thought the film was funny, so I used his name as my handle and picture as my aviator. Get it?

    Does that make me racist too? I'm always eager to know what the thought police has to say.
    What was your handle on the Scout boards?

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    You obviously know something that I don't. What, exactly, is your evidence that "race is the motivator" in any of this?
    It play 1 thru 100 in the liberal playbook. He is just a good foot soldier

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    This should really be a separate thread.

    There are a lot of issues besides that letter. For example: should Iran be allowed to become a nuclear state?
    That should be a poll and the answers should be:
    - Yes
    - I'm raciost

  4. #104
    While I'm sure race is an ingredient here, it's not even close to the whole story. People in this country are pessimistic and angsty because \_(ツ)_/

  5. #105
    I'm not really defending it. I think it's a pretty childish act, which seems in line with actions on both sides for the last 6 years. But to act like this is unprecedented or illegal is really a stretch. I guess I'm more amused by the overreactions, which is par for the course these days.

  6. #106
    Is there evidence in the past of nearly half the Senate signing a letter where the intent was to undermine the executive's foreign policy negotiations? This is almost certainly unprecedented and it's likely not legal (nor good policy at all)

  7. #107
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,423
    Oh. You said you were spending too much time on the boards, so I thought you had been on Scout before this one.

  8. #108
    I miss the old days when all the criticism and opposition to President Bush was just and only because Bush hated black people and was a war criminal.

  9. #109
    turns out the agreement is not legally binding with Iran so nothing really stops Iran from say not following the deal and building weapons. lol this couldn't get any more unbelievable if they tried.

  10. #110
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,423
    What agreement?

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacs89 View Post
    turns out the agreement is not legally binding with Iran so nothing really stops Iran from say not following the deal and building weapons. lol this couldn't get any more unbelievable if they tried.
    It is so unbelievably hypocritical that we, as a nuclear armed country, try to tell other countries that they cannot have nuclear power and/or weapons. And we do this as the only country in history to use a nuclear weapon on someone. Twice!

    What gives us the right to tell other countries what they can or cannot create? Especially a country that hasn't initiated a war of any kind since they were known as Persia before light bulbs were even a thing.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    It is so unbelievably hypocritical that we, as a nuclear armed country, try to tell other countries that they cannot have nuclear power and/or weapons. And we do this as the only country in history to use a nuclear weapon on someone. Twice!

    What gives us the right to tell other countries what they can or cannot create? Especially a country that hasn't initiated a war of any kind since they were known as Persia before light bulbs were even a thing.
    wow

  13. #113
    The GOP has lost its damn mind. That's all there is to it. The fact that there are defenders of this letter which in addition to being an intentional effort to undermine the presidents foreign policy negotiations with another country is also factually inaccurate would be funny if it weren't so sad.

  14. #114
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacs89 View Post
    I miss the old days when all the criticism and opposition to President Bush was just and only because Bush hated black people and was a war criminal.
    You mean when it was considered unpatriotic to criticize the POTUS?

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    You mean when it was considered unpatriotic to criticize the POTUS?
    I don't think its unpatriotic depending in what falls in your definition but personally I just think it's funny to watch the hypocrisy probably on both sides. I guess my point was Bush was attacked as much as any prez I can remember so to look at every opposition to Obama as rooted in race is intellectually lazy and even gives the race card a bad name.

  16. #116
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,423
    Cotton is far from the worst politician from Arkansas.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...l=facebook_sf#

    An Arkansas state rep gave away his 6 year old adopted daughter to a man who then raped her. He gave her away because he thought she was "possessed."

  17. #117
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacs89 View Post
    I don't think its unpatriotic depending in what falls in your definition but personally I just think it's funny to watch the hypocrisy probably on both sides. I guess my point was Bush was attacked as much as any prez I can remember so to look at every opposition to Obama as rooted in race is intellectually lazy and even gives the race card a bad name.
    That's fair, but the inverse is also naive. Race is definitely a factor. It's why racist jokes and emails show up in things like the Ferguson PD investigation. Race is certainly not the entire foundation for the hatred of Obama, and certainly not present in everyone's hatred, but it's not absent either.

  18. #118
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,423
    Deacs89, do you think Obama's race and heritage have anything to do with the birthed narrative and Republican claims that Obama is a Muslim or do you think Republicans would do that about any Democrat?

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Deacs89, do you think Obama's race and heritage have anything to do with the birthed narrative and Republican claims that Obama is a Muslim or do you think Republicans would do that about any Democrat?
    unzipped and waiting for the reply

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    That's fair, but the inverse is also naive. Race is definitely a factor. It's why racist jokes and emails show up in things like the Ferguson PD investigation. Race is certainly not the entire foundation for the hatred of Obama, and certainly not present in everyone's hatred, but it's not absent either.
    Don't worry, Megyn Kelly suggests those types of emails are commonplace in America. #racismisoverornotifitdoesn'tfitournarrative

    KELLY: It’s problematic for so many reasons, not the least of which is there are few companies in America, whether they’re public or private, in which if you sick 40 FBI agents on the company and review every email and every document and every communication you can between the employees, you won’t find any racist emails, any inappropriate comments, and then to tar the entire organization with that is additionally problematic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •