Page 382 of 383 FirstFirst ... 282332372377378379380381382383 LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 7655

Thread: Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy/Sedition

As I recall, Columbus never set foot in what is today the United States.

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    As I recall, Columbus never set foot in what is today the United States.

maybe he's confusing him with the guy who made Home Alone

Yet another Republican that jh doesnít know personally therefore that tweet doesnít exist.

Looks like she's buying her groceries in pound town.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Looks like she deleted, but it was a pic of barren store shelves and her saying this is what #BuildBackBetter looks like. But the shelves had prices in pounds.

Lol that's what every single London grocery store looks like at the end of the day.

Looks like she deleted, but it was a pic of barren store shelves and her saying this is what #BuildBackBetter looks like. But the shelves had prices in pounds.
    Who was it?

Quote Originally Posted by deactherunner View Post
    Who was it?
    Kimberly Klacik, the woman who ran for Elijiah Cummings's old seat. She made that viral video showing how bad Baltimore is and got lots of right wing money for it.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Republicans love to flash white supremacist imagery and then get offended when anyone calls them out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    is this the pivot?

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    is this the pivot?
    point still stands! it's coming!!

Twitter is dumb. The hypodermic needle swastika clearly is being used to equate anti-vaccine mandates with nazi fascism. It is not advocating for or supporting fascism.

That said, equating these two very, very unrelated things is disrespectful to the memory of victims, offensive to everyone, and probably anti-Semitic too. And stupid.

But that nuance is important and people on the internet often miss it

Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Twitter is dumb. The hypodermic needle swastika clearly is being used to equate anti-vaccine mandates with nazi fascism. It is not advocating for or supporting fascism.

That said, equating these two very, very unrelated things is disrespectful to the memory of victims, offensive to everyone, and probably anti-Semitic too. And stupid.

But that nuance is important and people on the internet often miss it
    Very similar to the idiot anti-maskers with the hat store in Nashville who sold Star of David patches and got called Anti Semitic. Erroneously co-opting grievances is itís own unique type of idiocy, doesnít really fit into an ď-ismĒ
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Very similar to the idiot anti-maskers with the hat store in Nashville who sold Star of David patches and got called Anti Semitic. Erroneously co-opting grievances is itís own unique type of idiocy, doesnít really fit into an ď-ismĒ
    Yes, good example.

Though I would buy the argument that deploying a symbol of oppression like the Star of David patches borders on anti-semitism by erasing (even more so than co-opting) its earlier meaning.

But that's clearly not what's happening with the swastika because knowing that earlier meaning is vital to understanding the analogy. Ok actually nevermind, they're similar
    Last edited by wakephan09; 10-14-2021 at 12:59 PM.

I think it's also just not a good look to be partnering up with someone with a swastika as their Twitter av, regardless of what the syringe swastika "means"

I think it's also just not a good look to be partnering up with someone with a swastika as their Twitter av, regardless of what the syringe swastika "means"
    That is definitely true

I should re-emphasize: regardless of the politics, it's still TERRIBLE logic, embarrassing tone-deafness, and just depressingly bad historical literacy