Page 382 of 383 FirstFirst ... 282332372377378379380381382383 LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 7655

Thread: Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy/Sedition

  1. #7621
    As I recall, Columbus never set foot in what is today the United States.


  2. #7622
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    47,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    As I recall, Columbus never set foot in what is today the United States.

    maybe he's confusing him with the guy who made Home Alone

  3. #7623
    Yet another Republican that jh doesnít know personally therefore that tweet doesnít exist.

  4. #7624

  5. #7625

  6. #7626
    Looks like she's buying her groceries in pound town.

  7. #7627
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Looks like she deleted, but it was a pic of barren store shelves and her saying this is what #BuildBackBetter looks like. But the shelves had prices in pounds.

  8. #7628
    Lol that's what every single London grocery store looks like at the end of the day.

  9. #7629
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Looks like she deleted, but it was a pic of barren store shelves and her saying this is what #BuildBackBetter looks like. But the shelves had prices in pounds.
    Who was it?

  10. #7630
    Quote Originally Posted by deactherunner View Post
    Who was it?
    Kimberly Klacik, the woman who ran for Elijiah Cummings's old seat. She made that viral video showing how bad Baltimore is and got lots of right wing money for it.

  11. #7631

  12. #7632

  13. #7633
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    124,746
    Republicans love to flash white supremacist imagery and then get offended when anyone calls them out on it.

  14. #7634
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    is this the pivot?

  15. #7635
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    is this the pivot?
    point still stands! it's coming!!

  16. #7636
    Twitter is dumb. The hypodermic needle swastika clearly is being used to equate anti-vaccine mandates with nazi fascism. It is not advocating for or supporting fascism.

    That said, equating these two very, very unrelated things is disrespectful to the memory of victims, offensive to everyone, and probably anti-Semitic too. And stupid.

    But that nuance is important and people on the internet often miss it

  17. #7637
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Twitter is dumb. The hypodermic needle swastika clearly is being used to equate anti-vaccine mandates with nazi fascism. It is not advocating for or supporting fascism.

    That said, equating these two very, very unrelated things is disrespectful to the memory of victims, offensive to everyone, and probably anti-Semitic too. And stupid.

    But that nuance is important and people on the internet often miss it
    Very similar to the idiot anti-maskers with the hat store in Nashville who sold Star of David patches and got called Anti Semitic. Erroneously co-opting grievances is itís own unique type of idiocy, doesnít really fit into an ď-ismĒ
    Draxx them sklounst

  18. #7638
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Very similar to the idiot anti-maskers with the hat store in Nashville who sold Star of David patches and got called Anti Semitic. Erroneously co-opting grievances is itís own unique type of idiocy, doesnít really fit into an ď-ismĒ
    Yes, good example.

    Though I would buy the argument that deploying a symbol of oppression like the Star of David patches borders on anti-semitism by erasing (even more so than co-opting) its earlier meaning.

    But that's clearly not what's happening with the swastika because knowing that earlier meaning is vital to understanding the analogy. Ok actually nevermind, they're similar
    Last edited by wakephan09; 10-14-2021 at 12:59 PM.

  19. #7639
    I think it's also just not a good look to be partnering up with someone with a swastika as their Twitter av, regardless of what the syringe swastika "means"

  20. #7640
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    I think it's also just not a good look to be partnering up with someone with a swastika as their Twitter av, regardless of what the syringe swastika "means"
    That is definitely true

    I should re-emphasize: regardless of the politics, it's still TERRIBLE logic, embarrassing tone-deafness, and just depressingly bad historical literacy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •