• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

As I recall, Columbus never set foot in what is today the United States.

Yet another Republican that jh doesn’t know personally therefore that tweet doesn’t exist.

Looks like she's buying her groceries in pound town.

Looks like she deleted, but it was a pic of barren store shelves and her saying this is what #BuildBackBetter looks like. But the shelves had prices in pounds.

Lol that's what every single London grocery store looks like at the end of the day.

Republicans love to flash white supremacist imagery and then get offended when anyone calls them out on it.

Twitter is dumb. The hypodermic needle swastika clearly is being used to equate anti-vaccine mandates with nazi fascism. It is not advocating for or supporting fascism.

That said, equating these two very, very unrelated things is disrespectful to the memory of victims, offensive to everyone, and probably anti-Semitic too. And stupid.

But that nuance is important and people on the internet often miss it

Twitter is dumb. The hypodermic needle swastika clearly is being used to equate anti-vaccine mandates with nazi fascism. It is not advocating for or supporting fascism.

That said, equating these two very, very unrelated things is disrespectful to the memory of victims, offensive to everyone, and probably anti-Semitic too. And stupid.

But that nuance is important and people on the internet often miss it

Very similar to the idiot anti-maskers with the hat store in Nashville who sold Star of David patches and got called Anti Semitic. Erroneously co-opting grievances is it’s own unique type of idiocy, doesn’t really fit into an “-ism”

Very similar to the idiot anti-maskers with the hat store in Nashville who sold Star of David patches and got called Anti Semitic. Erroneously co-opting grievances is it’s own unique type of idiocy, doesn’t really fit into an “-ism”
Yes, good example.

Though I would buy the argument that deploying a symbol of oppression like the Star of David patches borders on anti-semitism by erasing (even more so than co-opting) its earlier meaning.

But that's clearly not what's happening with the swastika because knowing that earlier meaning is vital to understanding the analogy. Ok actually nevermind, they're similar

Last edited:
I think it's also just not a good look to be partnering up with someone with a swastika as their Twitter av, regardless of what the syringe swastika "means"

I think it's also just not a good look to be partnering up with someone with a swastika as their Twitter av, regardless of what the syringe swastika "means"
That is definitely true

I should re-emphasize: regardless of the politics, it's still TERRIBLE logic, embarrassing tone-deafness, and just depressingly bad historical literacy

Back