• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Anything interesting in Tim Scott's response?

Last edited:
Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy/Sedition

Glad that tweet calls it rape, not some “sex with an underage woman” crap.

The question, as always, is will the legal system take any real action or will he face any real consequences for what he's done.

I don't think the lesson here is what Ted Cruz thinks it is.

I've read a lot of stories about crazy local GOP pols over the years, but this one may top them all. This is pure craziness.

"Kansas state representative Mark Samsel (a substitute teacher) was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery on Thursday after getting into a physical altercation with a student while substitute teaching in Wellsville...Superintendent Ryan Bradbury said that Samsel will no longer be allowed to work for the district.

On Wednesday, Samsel, R-Wellsville, was substitute teaching at the Wellsville school district’s secondary school. Throughout the day, high school students began recording videos of the lawmaker talking about suicide, sex, masturbation, God and the Bible. In one video shared with The Star, Samsel tells students about “a sophomore who’s tried killing himself three times,” adding that it was because “he has two parents and they’re both females.”

In another video, Samsel is recorded telling students to “make babies. Who likes making babies? That feels good, doesn’t it? Procreate...You haven’t masturbated? Don’t answer that question....God already knows.” Videos shared with The Star — by parents of students in the class — show Samsel focusing most of his attention on one male student. Both Samsel and the student paced around the classroom, talking back and forth. Samsel is shown following the student around and grabbing him. In one video, he puts his arms around the student and says that he was being hard on him. At one point, Samsel tells the student, “You’re about ready to anger me and get the wrath of God. Do you believe me when I tell you that God has been speaking to me?” He then pushes him, and the student runs to the other side of the classroom. “You should run and scream.”

In another video, he tells students, “Class, you have permission to kick him in the balls.” Parents told The Star that Samsel “put hands on the student” and allegedly kneed him in the crotch. In a video apparently taken immediately after the incident, the student is shown on the ground. Samsel is standing over him and says, “did it hurt?” He then asks him why he is about to start crying, pats him on the shoulder and apologizes, and then says he can “go to the nurse, she can check it for you.” Samsel addresses another student and says, “do you want to check his nuts for him, please?” The videos angered dozens of parents, who felt that their children were put in danger. Samsel works with students in several capacities, including as a referee and through church groups, parents said.

“I’m a concerned parent who doesn’t want this swept under the rug,” said father Joshua Zeck. “He’s around kids all the time. He’s a state representative. He’s in a position of power.” On Twitter, Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas posted: “What the hell is going on with the #KSLEG this session?” He added that Samsel “shouldn’t just be terminated from substituting. He should be blocked from being around all kids.”

In a Snapchat post shared with The Star, Samsel wrote that “it was all planned.” “Every little bit of it. That’s right. The kids and I planned ALL this to SEND A MESSAGE about art, mental health, teenage suicide, how we treat our educators and one another. To who? Parents. And grandparents. And all of Wellsville,” he posted. He wrote that he gave one particular student “hope.” [Samsel] said what happened was “exactly what God planned. The kids were in on it. Not all of them. But most.”

Samsel, who is an attorney, is in his second term in the House, where he’s occasionally courted controversy. In February, he was one of just 13 lawmakers to vote against a bill that would have ended an exemption for spouses from the state’s sexual battery law. Ahead of the vote, he gave a speech in which he appeared to express concerns about criminalizing sexual relations between spouses. “To me, it gets to what does the sanctity of marriage mean?” Samsel was quoted as saying, according to the Kansas Reflector. “And I’m single, so I’m not the best person to speak to this. But when you do get married, what does that mean? And what implied consent are you giving?”

And there's lots more. This guy is totally batshit crazy, and he's a member of a state legislature - the second GOP member of the Kansas legislature to be arrested this year. Your Kansas GOP, ladies and gentlemen.

Meh...just your slightly above average right wing conservative Christian Republican nut.

They make up way too much of the Trumpublican party, sadly.

That’s pretty bad, but did you see the video of Biden talking about his hairy legs?

Did you see that Biden gave Dr. Jill a dandelion?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/05/newsmax-stinchfield-biden-dandelion-asthma.html
Not everyone was happy with the dandelion-giver though. Newsmax host Grant Stinchfield had a mini freak out about it on air while the chyron made it clear what he thought about the whole thing: “Biden bizarrely gives Jill a dandelion.” As Stinchfield starts talking about it, he sets the scene as if he’s about to present something profoundly weird. “All right folks, take a look at this,” he said. He then starts recounting the scene. “And he stops and picks up—I think it’s a dandelion? But it’s a dandelion that hasn’t even blossomed into a flower yet,” Stinchfied complains, “like it gives everybody asthma.”

Human kindness and love are bizarre to Republicans.

Mitt Romney loudly booed at Utah Republican convention

... As Mr Romney took the stage at a state party convention in West Valley City, delegates shouted that he was a "communist" and a "traitor"...

... This incident is seen as an example of how, despite his election loss last year, Mr Trump continues to be popular within the party.
A CNN poll released this week suggested 70% of Republicans still believe Mr Trump's allegations that President Joe Biden did not legitimately win the election - despite the claims being repeatedly proven to be false...

Republicans have no interest in truth, honor, or decency.

Back