• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Louie Gohmert, everyone.

Louie Gohmert, everyone.

There are no stupid questions...blah blah blah. Why the fuck does she give him the respect of saying “I’ll have to get back to you on that.”? Why not say, ‘that’s not possible and if it were it would be incredibly dumb to try.’

Trump declares in his speech in NC a few days ago that America isn't really evenly divided - that we're not really a 50/50 nation. Trump "seemed incredulous at the notion that liberal-leaning states would have rejected his conservative platform in the 2016 and 2020 presidential elections...[Trump said] "I think a lot of these elections where they [Democrats] always seem to have an advantage … I don't believe it. I can't believe that some of these states are blue. I know those people. They're smart people. They love me because they love what I stand for. They're not into these things. There's something going on and we have to be very, very careful with our election process."

So basically the only reason that states like New York vote Democratic is because the Democrats just steal the elections there all the time, not because the great majority of the people in those states favor liberal solutions and ideas. Which is pretty much what most conservatives seem to think - liberals are really just a small minority of evil Americans who only hold power because they either steal elections or dupe enough people via their control of the wicked news media to win elections. He keeps referring back to defunding the police, although Biden and other leading Democrats in Congress have already said they oppose that policy. They can't possibly be losing elections because GOP ideas aren't all that popular. No way!

Link: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-democratic-blue-states-elections-2021-6

This is pretty characteristic of Republican thinking. Your own experience > data. Bullshit like “we never wore seatbelts when I was a kid, and we were fine!”

Seems like it has something to do with people who test HIV positive notifying their sexual partners.

No idea why she thinks Democrats are against that.

Seems like it has something to do with people who test HIV positive notifying their sexual partners.

No idea why she thinks Democrats are against that.

Like Angus, she saw something on One America, thought it was a great gotcha on the libs, and immediately shared it without context on social media.

Over thinking it. HIV = gay. Yet another dog whistle for the base.

You need to think long term, what is something that occurred in the past that was missed by the culture wars of the present. Then you need to think what did a state like California or New York do that scares the rubes. With that knowledge you can see this is most likely about HIV status being decriminalized in California 4 years ago from a felony to a misdemeanor because HIV is no longer a automatic early death sentence. Further still a crime, just not a felony, and open to civil suits.

You need to think long term, what is something that occurred in the past that was missed by the culture wars of the present. Then you need to think what did a state like California or New York do that scares the rubes. With that knowledge you can see this is most likely about HIV status being decriminalized in California 4 years ago from a felony to a misdemeanor because HIV is no longer a automatic early death sentence. Further still a crime, just not a felony, and open to civil suits.

You mean knowingly transmitting HIV.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...fornia-advocates-say-it-targeted-sex-workers/

That photo is of the lady opponent THIS guy reportedly made threats towards…

NINTCHDBPICT000659918484.jpg

Kinda sad how many people on that Twitter thread don't understand the truly cruel analogy the dude employs.

(Even though they are rightly outraged about how flippant he is about a dog's death)

Just in case people didn’t get the full depravity of that tweet.

Back