• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I mean what was the end result of using a nazi symbol as the stage design for a group that is trying to secretly court the support of white supremacists, white nationalists, Neo nazis and general Qanon conspiracy nuts because they need these people to win elections?

Even if you take the firm's word for it that they were unaware and are taking ownership of the design, was there a collaborative process in coming up with these designs?

Of course there is. Whether you are having an outside company design a convention booth for $1500 or a 6-7 figure set like CPAC had, the buyer and designer discuss everything from the color of lighting to how to move it.

The State of Alabama has apparently had a ban on teaching yoga in public schools for years. Now the Alabama House may allow it, but continue to ban chanting and mantras, all moves would be limited to stretches and poses, and using the traditional greeting "namaste" would be specifically forbidden in the bill. All moves and exercises would have to use English names. It is also forbidden to teach meditation and hypnosis in Alabama public schools - apparently they were all taken out of schools at the behest of conservative Evangelical Christian groups. No way their kids were learnin' any of that weird cult foreign chanting and meditation stuff!

Churches need to lose their tax exempt status. Evangelicals have weaponized their religion and keep using it to take away the rights of others and impose their own ,in my view, warped interpretations of select bible verses.

Churches need to lose their tax exempt status. Evangelicals have weaponized their religion and keep using it to take away the rights of others and impose their own ,in my view, warped interpretations of select bible verses.

Democrats have "Souls to the Polls". I tend to think nothing should be total tax exempt, given our budget, but definitely think some programs should have a tax break vs. a for profit.

Souls to the polls is a direct response to the GQP's ongoing and increasing efforts to Disenfranchise people of color. The evangelical movement in its current state has intertwined itself with republican politics and vice versa. There really is no comparison in my mind having seen what is going on in far too many of these churches.

Far too many churches have become for profits. Do you have a TV show? Huge building? Own a plane? Does your pastor live in a mansion? These are pretty good indicators that "saving souls" is no longer your mission.

Pretty much. Like any other entity or person, small churches with low donations could be tax exempt. I’d be for much more scrutiny of all non-profits.

I give her credit for efficiency. She insulted him as an Italian and Jewish person with one word. That’s expert bigotry.

If Manchin and Sinema allow the VRA to pass and McConnell starts stopping bills, the filibuster will be voted away completely.

Let him. The GOP has been moving in this direction in Congress anyway - they just want to stop Congress from being able to function at all - so why not just skip the last stage or two and get it over with?

Yep. It will just make what Republicans have been doing that much more obvious.

8 women, mostly or all Asian, dead in metro Atlanta, apparently at the hands of one 21-year-old white kid

when you say "China virus", and those in power echo it and allow it, shit like this eventually happens

I like that McConnell issued the quote "everything that the Democratic senate did to block Bush and Trump". So much wrong with that.

Don't worry. Col anus will be here shortly to explain why the violence against women act is just a way to persecute white men. Pretty sure he's got a new sombrero to wear for the occasion.

Nah. This just shows Republicans are against Violence Against Women unlike the LIBS who send Juwanna Mann to DESTROY poor Cindy Lou on the track.

Back