• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I hate that I know the name of the South Dakota governor. Politicians like that should be unknown to most of the country.

That's quite the burn.

I’m pretty sure if the President of the United States is relocating them, they’re not “illegal.”

From their manifesto: "While certain economic and financial interest groups benefit immensely from mass immigration, legal as well as illegal...the reality of large segments of our society...is something our leaders can afford to ignore no longer." Right. I have no doubt whatsoever that if Greene, Gosar, and Boebert actually traveled through their districts and cared to look they'd quickly find that large numbers of their rube base - especially the older ones - employ those immigrants (illegal and legal) in large numbers, and probably couldn't get by without them. The problem that Trumpites have with immigrants is not so much that they're here - they need and want them to do certain kinds of work - it's that they don't like the notion of them voting or gaining the same rights and privileges they have. As long as they remain invisible and quietly do their work serving these folks and remain subservient they're happy to keep hiring them.

That and it just pisses them off to see Hispanic-catering stores or Spanish language signs ‘n’ shit.

[Or Hindu, or Muslim, or Chinese....ad nauseam.]

From their manifesto: "While certain economic and financial interest groups benefit immensely from mass immigration, legal as well as illegal...the reality of large segments of our society...is something our leaders can afford to ignore no longer." Right. I have no doubt whatsoever that if Greene, Gosar, and Boebert actually traveled through their districts and cared to look they'd quickly find that large numbers of their rube base - especially the older ones - employ those immigrants (illegal and legal) in large numbers, and probably couldn't get by without them. The problem that Trumpites have with immigrants is not so much that they're here - they need and want them to do certain kinds of work - it's that they don't like the notion of them voting or gaining the same rights and privileges they have. As long as they remain invisible and quietly do their work serving these folks and remain subservient they're happy to keep hiring them.

This is a really accurate statement. The real kicker is that Catholic Hispanics would be a cultural ally with white evangelicals. Catholics tend to be less extreme than evangelicals, but they would definitely align on abortion, gay and trans issues, "family values", and probably a lot of bootstraps bullshit would resonate with Latinos immigrants who immigrated from places where not a single thing has been "given" to them.

Apparently there's a mypillow social app for conservatives and the launch ain't going great.

So is Frank another conservative media outlet?

Whatever helps them sleep at night.

Fighting over a small group of people, IMO. I doubt the boomers getting their information on Facebook will make the move. Most self respecting people with have nothing to do whit that crap.

This guy must be hemorrhaging money...is he back on the special sauce?

This piece is a decent summary analysis of ongoing Trumpublicanism...sadly.

Why Trump Is Still Their Guy

Briefly, it’s about stoking the fires of white grievance and perceived victimhood. And ever attempting or promising (never mind succeeding) to restore the “better” social/moral structure of an idealized past.

Unfortunately for us collectively, this works among large rural swaths of our nation.

Fortunately, it probably won’t work nationally moving forward.

Sadly, Republican “leaders” survey the political landscape and, so far, continue to go with the wicked impulse to continue tapping into immoral and dishonest power grubbing. Continuously snuffing out as unwelcome intrusion any awareness of better angels.

That’s a good read. Well researched. Good insights.

Back