• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Trump was a Democrat for pretty much his entire life until he found a way to garner power in the GOP.

As ConnorEl mentioned, the GOP put fucking Sarah Palin as VP. That is pretty much rock bottom...

This reminds me of posts asking if [Redacted]'s first year was rock bottom.

This reminds me of posts asking if [name redacted]'s first year was rock bottom.

it was, but i don't think anyone would believe that we would camp there for almost a decade!

Much like people didn't think Republicans like Trump, MTG, and Boebert would make Palin look better by comparison.

Palin was not rock bottom. Rock bottom is the point at which your life has gotten so fucked up and bad that you finally have the realization that you need to stop drinking and drugging and do the hard work to get better. Sadly, I don’t think the GOP, and therefore America, have hit rock bottoms yet.

Yeah. That was the point. Palin wasn’t rock bottom just like the early [Redacted] years weren’t rock bottom.

Typical GQP bullshit.

Mitch McConnell has told colleagues and donors Senate Republicans won't release a legislative agenda before next year's midterms, according to people who've attended private meetings with the minority leader.

Why it matters: Every midterm cycle, there are Republican donors and operatives who argue the party should release a positive, pro-active governing outline around which candidates can rally. McConnell adamantly rejects this idea, preferring to skewer Democrats for their perceived failures.

https://www.axios.com/mcconnell-no-agenda-midterms-91c73112-0a2e-441b-b713-7e8aa2dad6bf.html

Power is all that matters. Being "against" Democrats, mainly by dishonestly demonizing any attempts to positively govern, is the easiest/surest way to Republican power.

Good be damned.

Just horrible human beings. I don't see how people can vote for this group.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/12/02/trump-tested-positive-covid-debate-melania-family/

Opinion: The bombshell about Trump testing positive also implicates the Trump family

The Trump family has long treated rules and laws as nuisances that are only for the little people. And the news that Donald Trump tested positive for covid-19 before the first 2020 presidential debate shows that this tendency may be even more depraved and malevolent than you thought.

It turns out that this revelation, which comes in a new book by former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, also implicates members of Trump’s family, including Melania Trump and Donald Trump Jr.

Multiple news organizations, including The Post, have now confirmed from former Trump aides that he tested positive for coronavirus on Sept. 26, 2020, three days before his Sept. 29 debate with Joe Biden. So he had reason to believe he might have been infected heading into the debate.

Trump was informed of the positive test on Air Force One on Sept. 26, en route to a campaign rally in Pennsylvania, the book says. But the White House concealed this from the public and from debate organizers, even though he was “tired” and had a “slight cold."

Instead, Trump took a second test that came back negative, and Meadows called Trump to inform him of it. The Guardian reports that the book then relays the following:

Meadows says Trump took that call as “full permission to press on as if nothing had happened.” His chief of staff, however, “instructed everyone in his immediate circle to treat him as if he was positive” throughout the Pennsylvania trip.

In other words, everyone around Trump was apparently told he was potentially contagious, and he even appeared potentially symptomatic, even as Trump roared into the debate as if the opposite were true. If this is right, then what happened at the debate is even worse than you thought

That’s because multiple people around Trump, including his wife, Melania Trump, and his kids Donald Jr. and Eric, all sat maskless at the Sept. 29 debate, according to contemporaneous reports, despite the fact that debate attendees were required to wear masks.

As numerous reporters personally witnessed at the time, Trump’s family members did this after rebuffing a direct request to mask up from a doctor with the Cleveland Clinic, which helped organize the debate. That doctor even offered them masks, and they declined:

Playing with deer shit to own the libs
l3hs0x1mn2z71.jpg

ugh, that emoji is just for lowest common denominator, like, you know, a euphemism for Fuck Joe Biden spelled out in deer shit

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy/Sedition

Trump was a Democrat for pretty much his entire life until he found a way to garner power in the GOP.

As ConnorEl mentioned, the GOP put fucking Sarah Palin as VP. That is pretty much rock bottom...

Trump being a Democrat his entire life says way more about the Democratic Party than it does about Trump. The guy that ran for President in 2015 is the same guy that ran a full page in the New York Times in 1989 calling for the Central Park 5 to get the death penalty.

Trump being a Democrat his entire life says way more about the Democratic Party than it does about Trump. The guy that ran for President in 2015 is the same guy that ran a full page in the New York Times in 1989 calling for the Central Park 5 to get the death penalty.

Cancel the NYC Democratic Party from 1989 !!!

I think it says more about being wealthy in NYC. Did he even vote before running for President?

I think it says more about being wealthy in NYC. Did he even vote before running for President?

Would it matter? He expressed his political
Influence in far more powerful and effective ways than voting.

I would also point out that Guiliani became mayor of NYC in 1994, so it's not like the Republicans were powerless in that era.

A self obsessed narcissist that craves acceptance was a democrat while living in one of the bluest cities in America, I for one am shocked tell me more.

There’s a big difference between political influence and political preference. He may have been registered as a Democrat but he considered running as a Republican in 1988 and for the Reform Party in 2000. Obviously he was the main birther during the Obama administration.

There’s plenty to hate about the Democratic Party especially wealthy Democrats but it’s also incorrect to view Trump himself as an avatar of those problems.

There’s a big difference between political influence and political preference. He may have been registered as a Democrat but he considered running as a Republican in 1988 and for the Reform Party in 2000. Obviously he was the main birther during the Obama administration.

There’s plenty to hate about the Democratic Party especially wealthy Democrats but it’s also incorrect to view Trump himself as an avatar of those problems.

It would be preferable that people who act and live like Trump were completely unwelcome in the Democratic Party, such that Party leaders rebuked them, and their political donations were rejected as well. That’s all I’m saying. Have some standards. Hopefully that’s changing for the better.

Back