• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Assuming that whoever is elected is more willing to do what the Tea Party wing of the House wants - and I don't see how someone less Tea Party than Boehner gets the nod - how can this do anything other than damage the GOP 2016 presidential brand? We may be treated to a full year of Tea Party burn-it-all-down crazy, Obama giving zero f#cks and letting them run wild, shut down the government, whatever, while the GOP presidential nominees have to figure out whether to support the craziness going down in the House (to get through the primaries) or run against their own party (to have a chance in the general).

Don't know him, but the R-Arizona, Matt Salmon is in the mix. Just called Boehner a hero who put his country above his party like every democrat never, ever has...these people have absolutely nothing of substance to say, and they're are ready pointing toward Obama and a Rep. minority in the Senate. So fucking, over this shit.

Running 80 possibilities for the House Speaker and the Presidential nominee at the same time is a solid plan.

Last edited:
It's ok, because "I apologize if my statements offended anyone". In other words, I'm not sorry, but I'm sorry you got mad, bro.

Just make full counties be all in one district and divide up districts that way. If one county is a district, then so be it. But at least then it would be much less artificial.

Just make full counties be all in one district and divide up districts that way. If one county is a district, then so be it. But at least then it would be much less artificial.

So Mecklenburg would have as many US Reps as Bertie?

How about census reporting blocks?

So Mecklenburg would have as many US Reps as Bertie?

How about census reporting blocks?

He's saying Mecklenburg could be one district and Bertie could be in a geographically cohesive district with Hertford, Gates, Camden, etc that's about the same size.

In a real plan, Mecklenburg would be tricky because it's about the size of 1.5 districts. In that case, put the city of Charlotte in one district and join the rest of the county with some of the surrounding counties.

Last edited:
An anonymous current GOP rep said off the record that he spends all his time in DC trying to convince people he's not crazy and all his time in his home district trying to convince his constituents that he is.

CQj48JcWwAAEjYL.jpg

Monica Crowley
‏@MonicaCrowley
At the Berlin Wall last week. Walls work.

:rofl:

An anonymous current GOP rep said off the record that he spends all his time in DC trying to convince people he's not crazy and all his time in his home district trying to convince his constituents that he is.
The scary part is that this can be almost any one of them. #gerrymandering

Nah. Plenty of them say crazy stuff in DC, too.

McCarthy has dropped out of the Speaker race.

So explain to me again how Obama is the divisive one?

McCarthy got a mere taste of what Boehner has been dealing with and he was like

Oh yeah. And if the Tea Party is salivating, so am I.

Back