• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I've found that people with actual strong minds don't refer to themselves as having strong minds.

Butt, a tea party-leaning Republican from Columbia who was newly elected as floor leader, repeatedly refused to explain to Pith what she meant by the comment and the meaning of NAAWP. She said only that reading the acronym as the National Association for the Advancement of White people is “totally misinterpreted.”

“I think that’s funny because that isn’t even what that’s supposed to be. You’re making a story out of nothing,” said Butt, who then refused to explain what she meant by the comment. “Oh, I know exactly what it is, but it’s not what you say it is.”

“I’ll let people decide,” she said.

haha

J.R. Lind @jrlind
National Association for the Advancement of Weird Poodles

Dan D Bradley @DanDBradley
North American Alliance for Will Perdue

I assumed 94 would be the first to respond to my post, but I can't say I'm surprised to see you stalking me too.

Hate to ruin your night, but I have no fucking clue who you are. Nor do I care.

In an exceedingly rare direct congressional intervention into diplomatic negotiations, the Republicans sent an open letter addressed to “leaders of the Islamic Republic of Iran” declaring that any agreement could be reversed by the next president “with the stroke of a pen.”

What is wrong with these people?

Me-Me-Me-Me-Me.jpg

He is correct.

“In our view, this letter has no legal value and is mostly a propaganda ploy,” Javad Zarif, the Iranian foreign minister, said. “It is very interesting that while negotiations are still in progress and while no agreement has been reached, some political pressure groups are so afraid even of the prospect of an agreement that they resort to unconventional methods, unprecedented in diplomatic history.”
Mr. Zarif added that a change in administration would not relieve the United States of its obligations under any agreement. “I wish to enlighten the authors that if the next administration revokes any agreement with ‘the stroke of a pen,’ as they boast, it will have simply committed a blatant violation of international law,” he said.

This would be a move I would expect from the looney tunes House. 47 Senators did this? Holy shit.

Inviting a foreign leader without notifying the White House then attempting to interfere with negotiations are two significant attempts to undermine American democracy. This goes well beyond checks and balances.

Inviting a foreign leader without notifying the White House then attempting to interfere with negotiations are two significant attempts to undermine American democracy. This goes well beyond checks and balances.

Can you imagine the calls of treason if a Democrat majority in Senate did this to a Republican President?

Like if Reid invited Jacques Chirac to address Congress about what a bad idea it would be to go to war with Iraq in late 2002/early 2003? Holy shit. Republicans would have lost their God damn minds.

Where does the GOP continue to find these morons and those that support them? What a bunch of fools these clowns are and why do they think they can push the world back to their way of doing things in the 1950's? Things change so move forward.

Again Obama moves forward on his own as Pubs refuse to be led by a black man. You seriously can't teach stupid.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread

Obama moves forward as a black man elected twice to be President of the United States.

Where does the GOP continue to find these morons and those that support them? What a bunch of fools these clowns are and why do they think they can push the world back to their way of doing things in the 1950's? Things change so move forward.

Again Obama moves forward on his own as Pubs refuse to be led by a black man. You seriously can't teach stupid.

From Ms. Foxx (emphasis added):

This week I voted against a long-term funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security, which the House passed by a vote of 257 to 167. Unfortunately, this legislation does nothing to prevent President Obama’s unlawful plans to grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens through executive actions, which undermine our system of checks and balances.

On Jan. 14, the House passed legislation to fund the Department of Homeland Security for the remainder of fiscal year 2015 that included amendments specifically designed to stop President Obama’s executive amnesty. However, Senate Democrats, many of whom have publicly opposed the president’s actions on immigration, stood in the way of a vote on the House-passed bill and instead voted to strip the House amendments from the legislation and allow President Obama to act unilaterally on immigration.

While House Republicans made good-faith efforts to resolve the situation, Senate Democrats and the president refused to contribute to finding a solution. Now, the fight against the president’s blatant overreach of his Constitutionally-granted executive authority will be litigated in the courts. I will continue to work tirelessly to hold the president accountable for his utter disregard of the law and the will of the American people.

So I actually read the letter. It's worse than I could have imagined. They simply explain how the Executive and Legislative branches are elected and the relationship between the branches as if Iranian leaders wouldn't know that.

1-ec69c7c3f4.jpg

THEY DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE SEPARATION OF POWERS THAT THEY ARE BITCHING ABOUT WHEN IT COMES TO UNREGISTERED IMMIGRANTS. WHAT THE FUCK MAKES THEM THINK THEY UNDERSTAND INTERNATIONAL POLICY AND INTERNATIONAL LAW?!?!

HOW ARE SENATORS THIS FUCKING STUPID. ALL CAPS TO EMPHASIZE MY AMAZEMENT. HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIT! WHERE'S THE TYLENOL?!

Back