• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Oh, Ms. Foxx
Earlier this year Senate Democrats vowed to block consideration of spending bills, causing the regular appropriations process to come to a halt and forcing this year-end omnibus legislation. Completing the appropriations process is Congress’ constitutional duty. It’s my sincere hope that next year the Senate will stop invoking the threat of harmful government shutdowns and complete its work under regular order as the House has done for the past five years, subjecting the vast federal bureaucracy to congressional oversight and allowing the elimination of wasteful spending on ineffective programs.

Franklin Graham leaves GOP for refusing to defund Planned Parenthood. Huckabee, Santorum, and Carson aren't going to be part of the 'Pub ticket. Cruz probably will be, but if he's not part of the ticket or loses, evangelicals will have a whole lot political leverage nationally.

LOL am I the only person that thinks he's a bit hypocritical with the below from the article:

▪ Suspended Beshear’s Nov. 24 executive order that automatically restored the right to vote to most nonviolent felons who have served out their sentences — a pool that potentially included many tens of thousands of Kentuckians.

“While I have been a vocal supporter of the restoration of rights,” Bevin said in a prepared statement, “it is an issue that must be addressed through the legislature and by the will of the people.”

He used that line of defense after unilaterally removing names of clerks from marriage licenses without legislative approval.

LOL am I the only person that thinks he's a bit hypocritical with the below from the article:

He used that line of defense after unilaterally removing names of clerks from marriage licenses without legislative approval.

It doesn't matter. He can do whatever he wants with his TPC mandate.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat..._bill_amanda_bouldin_harassed_by_sexists.html

Bouldin%201.jpeg.CROP.original-original.jpeg

Cliffs for those without a subscription?

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread

It was only a matter of time before the GOP advocated going to the primarily Republican controlled states to bypass the hard to get Executive Branch.

Good for American Conservative to take a pro-America stance instead of taking any excuse to be anti-Obama.

Last edited:
I love the commentators on that article. Especially the ones calling Rubio a "liberal RINO". Some of these people are delusional.

"Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, a top contender for the Republican presidential nomination, has come out in favor of the idea of a convention of states to amend the U.S. Constitution, adding a high-profile voice to an issue that has picked up renewed interest in some conservative circles.

Mr. Rubio said a convention, which would the first in the nation’s history, was needed to rein in the power of Washington insiders and get the nation’s finances in order."

Nothing says small government, reigning in Washington insiders, and getting the nation's finances in order like creating another fucking governmental body to accomplish fuck all, located in Washington, to spend more money to fix our nation's finances. Brilliant!

Back