• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Reading is fundamental, as they say.

That's not at all what you said in the first place. You are totally dishonest.

This is what you said -well before you changed it rather than admitting you were wrong:

"- I'll never find a single thing that George W. Bush says or does in the public sphere to be decent."

BY the way, your boy Connor said this:

"But I think he is/was generally well intentioned. No, that’s not enough. But it’s something. And rj is correct, he did (and tried to do) some good things."

He specifically agreed with my assertion.

Why can't you just admit this statement is wrong?

Last edited:
That's not at all what you said in the first place. You are totally dishonest.

This is what you said -well before you changed it rather than admitting you were wrong:

"- I'll never find a single thing that George W. Bush says or does in the public sphere to be decent."

BY the way, your boy Connor said this:

"But I think he is/was generally well intentioned. No, that’s not enough. But it’s something. And rj is correct, he did (and tried to do) some good things."

He specifically agreed with my assertion.

Why can't you just admit this statement is wrong?

Do you know what the public sphere is? He did some solid things as the president, but I refuse to normalize his conduct post-presidency in the public sphere. For every life he might have saved, he's responsible for the senseless eradication of countless others.

On a related note:

Why are you so obsessed with being right on a message board, man? You could just ask me for clarification before going into a screed.

Why are you so obsessed with me and proving me wrong? It's weird. And I would appreciate it if you would knock it off. Thanks!

Do you know what the public sphere is? He did some solid things as the president, but I refuse to normalize his conduct post-presidency in the public sphere. For every life he might have saved, he's responsible for the senseless eradication of countless others.

On a related note:

Why are you so obsessed with being right on a message board, man? You could just ask me for clarification before going into a screed.

Why are you so obsessed with me and proving me wrong? It's weird. And I would appreciate it if you would knock it off. Thanks!

It's the other way around. You helicopter in to make posts about me. Then get angry when I hold you accountable for what you say and how you say it. Of course, you also change what you say to avoid responsibility.

Both Connor and I took your post the exact same way. He agreed with me, but you didn't say his reading comprehension is poor. This happens over and over again.

The reality is you and I should have a lot in common, but you feel the need to confront me in a significant proportion of your posts. You have to be superior. Maybe you should try a different MO.

It's the other way around. You helicopter in to make posts about me. Then get angry when I hold you accountable for what you say and how you say it. Of course, you also change what you say to avoid responsibility.

Both Connor and I took your post the exact same way. He agreed with me, but you didn't say his reading comprehension is poor. This happens over and over again.

The reality is you and I should have a lot in common, but you feel the need to confront me in a significant proportion of your posts. You have to be superior. Maybe you should try a different MO.

I wasn't responding to connor, RJ. I was responding to MHB, who interpreted my post the way that I intended for it to be interpreted. I quoted his post. I made a joke that draws on a statement that you have condescendingly deployed countless times towards other posters who you believe have misinterpreted your posts. I haven't changed what I said to avoid responsibility. I haven't changed what I said at all. The public sphere has a specific connotation. My language was clear. Just because you didn't understand my post doesn't change that fact.

Again, y'all treat history with a passive voice. Who is to blame for the crimes of the Bush administration? If it wasn't his fault, then whose fault was it? If an energy sector CEO is a good guy and surrounds himself with the wrong people, then is the CEO to blame for a massive oil spill?

Sorry, but it doesn't seem like the past is anybody's fault. We have to stop writing hagiographies of our living presidents/politicians and start wising up to the realities and consequences of their administrations or else we're just further fucked beyond belief.

And - yeah, RJ - GWB is a piece of shit. I'm glad that he did a few things right and worked with the Clinton foundation to democratize access to AIDS medicine. That was a great move and he deserves credit for it. That being said, I don't want to hear from George W. Bush again. He's responsible for the death of millions of American soldiers and Iraqi civilians. He brought us into a war under false pretenses that has cost countless numbers of lives, trillions of dollars, and set us on a path towards eternal war in the Middle East. George W Bush can fuck right off. I said it then, I'll say it now, and I'll say it when that bastard dies.

No one said W wasn't responsible for the crimes of his administration. I even said the Iraq War was the worst a POTUS could do. I listed other failures he should be held responsible for, but as usual, you ignore what we agree on and take shots.

BTW, in this post you acknowledge W did do something decent, but when MHB takes your side, you go back to your snarky, condescending self.

If I have to choose between Connor and MHB being on my side, it's a no brainer. I'll take Connor 1,000,000 times out of 1,000,000. I'd guess 99% of the board would take Connor over MHB as well.

Just like PH, you are incapable of admitting you are wrong to me.

No one said W wasn't responsible for the crimes of his administration. I even said the Iraq War was the worst a POTUS could do. I listed other failures he should be held responsible for, but as usual, you ignore what we agree on and take shots.

BTW, in this post you acknowledge W did do something decent, but when MHB takes your side, you go back to your snarky, condescending self.

If I have to choose between Connor and MHB being on my side, it's a no brainer. I'll take Connor 1,000,000 times out of 1,000,000. I'd guess 99% of the board would take Connor over MHB as well.

Just like PH, you are incapable of admitting you are wrong to me.

Do you get off on this? Like, what do you get out of your combative posting style? Are you like boasting about your internet W's to your friends at whatever that bar is that you go to in HB? I'm serious. You're simultaneously derailing three threads because you feel the need to enter conversations that I'm having with not-you and criticize my posting style when I wasn't even directly interacting with you before you inserted yourself in my conversation with other people. Like I have no idea who Connor is or what he said that you are agreeing with. He's posted a few times on two threads, but I'm not sure how he is supporting you or whatever you think is going on here. You clearly misinterpreted my post, MHB pointed that out, and I responded to him.

As Ron Burgundy once said, "I'm not even mad. That's amazing."

ETA: For example, your last sentence is absolutely absurd to read aloud. What is this message board to you? What significance does it occupy in your life? I'm genuinely intrigued. You crave my deference, but I can't figure out why for the life of me.

Last edited:
What's great about 33 vs. RJ is that it's only 9:46 pm in Cali. We've got another hour or two of this.

Do you get off on this? Like, what do you get out of your combative posting style? Are you like boasting about your internet W's to your friends at whatever that bar is that you go to in HB? I'm serious. You're simultaneously derailing three threads because you feel the need to enter conversations that I'm having with not-you and criticize my posting style when I wasn't even directly interacting with you before you inserted yourself in my conversation with other people. Like I have no idea who Connor is or what he said that you are agreeing with. He's posted a few times on two threads, but I'm not sure how he is supporting you or whatever you think is going on here. You clearly misinterpreted my post, MHB pointed that out, and I responded to him.

As Ron Burgundy once said, "I'm not even mad. That's amazing."

ETA: For example, your last sentence is absolutely absurd to read aloud. What is this message board to you? What significance does it occupy in your life? I'm genuinely intrigued. You crave my deference, but I can't figure out why for the life of me.

There you go again. You are showing your true colors and what you believe. Why would I talk about you to anyone who doesn't have anything to do with this place? You must have an inflated opinion of yourself.

BTW, I bet you'd have to go back many, many thousands of posts for the last time I mentioned the bar. However, you have mentioned it in multiple posts tonight. You are far more interested in it than I am. My bad, you know what's important to me more than I do.

Never mind, I am too much of an optimist in hoping you might see some sense and want to be less acerbic and arrogant to have reasonable discussions. I am clearly wrong.

Curious to see what apparel they start wearing now.

10230_0_0x2_de85d961-cbad-4d16-8d6f-b421eb84d9c8_1024x1024.jpg

Curious to see what apparel they start wearing now.

It's a little weird that they were OK with Nike's sweatshop history up to this point, since it seems like that would be in line with Trump's anger at overseas jobs undercutting the American worker.

Again, y'all treat history with a passive voice. Who is to blame for the crimes of the Bush administration? If it wasn't his fault, then whose fault was it? If an energy sector CEO is a good guy and surrounds himself with the wrong people, then is the CEO to blame for a massive oil spill?

Sorry, but it doesn't seem like the past is anybody's fault. We have to stop writing hagiographies of our living presidents/politicians and start wising up to the realities and consequences of their administrations or else we're just further fucked beyond belief.

And - yeah, RJ - GWB is a piece of shit. I'm glad that he did a few things right and worked with the Clinton foundation to democratize access to AIDS medicine. That was a great move and he deserves credit for it. That being said, I don't want to hear from George W. Bush again. He's responsible for the death of millions of American soldiers and Iraqi civilians. He brought us into a war under false pretenses that has cost countless numbers of lives, trillions of dollars, and set us on a path towards eternal war in the Middle East. George W Bush can fuck right off. I said it then, I'll say it now, and I'll say it when that bastard dies.

I'll add that I blame the "you're with us or against us" sentiment for getting us where we are today. Not only did it lead to Republicans not trusting Democrats-and vice versa-but it led people to mistrust the very concept of unity, and for good reason.

It would be a good time for Trump to start a shoe brand.

40778346_10212449916186658_8150188575783124992_o.jpg

40666687_10212449917346687_8651896118084370432_o.jpg

40784960_10212449920866775_6039844961690583040_o.jpg

Trump, or one of his kids or minions, could make some serious dough right now selling a quickie brand of Trump shoes. Wouldn't matter if they were crap, or made overseas by child labor, or ridiculously overpriced for the shoe quality, his base would buy them just to "own the libs". My facebook and twitter feeds today are lit up with right-wingers posting their own fake Nike ads showing people other than Kaepernick (usually soldiers or some such) with the "Believe in Something, even if it means sacrificing everything" slogan, or just complaining about the "nerve" of Nike to do something so offensive to them. As usual, it's amusing watching people who joke about libs being snowflakes, and who love to pretend to be such tough customers, getting all snowflakey themselves and melting down over what is essentially a commercial slogan. Fox News, of course, is all over this major national controversy.

Last edited:
Back