• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Look at this winner post from his past

I would have to guess you've never actually had any one on one experience with the people who participate in food stamp programs. They aren't even close to starving, and they generally spend the better part of their allotment on Cheetos and Mountain Dew. Social welfare problems are stupid and are 9 times out of 10 championed by people who keep a healthy distance from actual poor people and enjoy jerking themselves off about how hardcore they're helping them out with their inefficient money wasting programs.

Dude nice, I can tell actually arguing with me is frustrating you since you’re already resorting to searching my username and going ad hominem. Does it hurt your brain to be arguing such a stupid position? It must, I hope this is helping.

Everybody hasn't categorically deny that it happened you're just repeating the same mistruth that Kavanaugh was repeating.

Yes they have. None of the supposed witnesses she put forward were willing to even say such a party happened.

So yes you are apparently okay with a Supreme Court Justice candidate lying however he needs to in order to get out of a sticky situation..

Apparently you’re a bit too dense to wade through my sarcasm here so I’ll be a bit more direct- what you’re describing was not him lying under oath but rather your brain scrambling desperately to try and find something on this man to justify your view of him. You’re literally arguing that he lied about a euphemism for flatulence. That’s your most compelling argument right now. Just take a step back and get a good 10,000 foot view of how absolutely retarded that is.

Apparently you’re a bit too dense to wade through my sarcasm here so I’ll be a bit more direct- what you’re describing was not him lying under oath but rather your brain scrambling desperately to try and find something on this man to justify your view of him. You’re literally arguing that he lied about a euphemism for flatulence. That’s your most compelling argument right now. Just take a step back and get a good 10,000 foot view of how absolutely retarded that is.

Telling a falsehood under oath isn't lying. Do you honestly think he and his friends created their own special definitions for commonly held slang words of the day, such as ralphing?

This is getting nowhere. jhmd perhaps?

Yes they have. None of the supposed witnesses she put forward were willing to even say such a party happened.

They are neither confirming nor denying. Most say they don't remember. That isn't a denial.

Telling a falsehood under oath isn't lying. Do you honestly think he and his friends created their own special definitions for commonly held slang words of the day, such as ralphing?

This is getting nowhere. jhmd perhaps?

You’re right, slang terminology is rigid and unchanging over the course of time and in different regions. This is certainly grounds for a perjury charge, let’s get this dude in jail and put Amy Coney Barrett in. Good call.

They are neither confirming nor denying. Most say they don't remember. That isn't a denial.

Right, because in order to avoid perjuring yourself you don’t generally state unequivocally that a party 36 years ago never happened, you just state that which you know for a fact, which is that you have no idea what she’s talking about.

Their seems to be alot of momentum narrowing in on July 1, 1982 as the day the party happened.

You’re right, slang terminology is rigid and unchanging over the course of time and in different regions. This is certainly grounds for a perjury charge, let’s get this dude in jail and put Amy Coney Barrett in. Good call.

Again, you need to get this through your thick skull that this isn't a court of law. If I am interviewing somebody, and I am confident they are lying, I dont' have to prove it to not give them the appointment.

I continue to see posts by the Tunnels Left referring to Judge Kavanaugh committing perjury and consistently lying under oath during the confirmation hearings.

If true, how is it possible for the Dem brain trust on the Judiciary Committee to miss this obvious issue????

And surely perjury is a slam dunk to block his nomination, correct?

So the argument is that some jock prep school football players took some slang words with generally agreed upon R rating definitions, and created their own special PG-13 definitions.

You might have been born yesterday, but I wasn't.

I continue to see posts by the Tunnels Left referring to Judge Kavanaugh committing perjury and consistently lying under oath during the confirmation hearings.

If true, how is it possible for the Dem brain trust on the Judiciary Committee to miss this obvious issue????

And surely perjury is a slam dunk to block his nomination, correct?

Nope. Republicans have the majority and don't care if he committed perjury many times.

Again, you need to get this through your thick skull that this isn't a court of law. If I am interviewing somebody, and I am confident they are lying, I dont' have to prove it to not give them the appointment.

But you do have to be confident they’re lying, and it helps to be asking questions that aren’t infantile and irrelevant. If he committed sexual assault he absolutely should not be allowed on the court, nor should he have ever been a judge in any capacity. If he drank too much in his youth and then misrepresented things written in his yearbook 30 plus years after the fact I’m inclined to think that’s not a terribly important qualifier for this seat. I think you’d be hard pressed to find many who didn’t drink too much at some point in their youth, and I have a hard time believing the man intentionally lied about something as inconsequential as a slang term under oath. But this is the natural progression that this discussion will take. No one is going to be able to convince any non biased party that Kavanaugh committed sexual assault so we now have to change the discussion so that we’re instead arguing that his character somehow makes him unfit for the seat, based on something as ridiculous as a childhood yearbook.

So it's OK to lie if you think the questions are stupid?

You are pretty much suspending any objectivity to believe him when his answers here strain credulity.

He didn't have to lie about these commonly defined slang words.

Childhood? He was at the end of his senior year in HS. People get married and get jobs at that point. Have children.

Oh definitely Jhmd, just figured he would come back and post with his real name since he was never afraid of a hot take

So it's OK to lie if you think the questions are stupid?

You are pretty much suspending any objectivity to believe him when his answers here strain credulity.

He didn't have to lie about these commonly defined slang words.

That’s clearly not what I’m saying. I’m saying I don’t believe he lied. When faced with a ridiculous line of questioning about slang terms in a yearbook do you think someone with a vast amount of legal experience A. knowingly lied about the slang terms under oath or B. Answered to the best of his knowledge given his limited memory of what him and his stupid friends wrote in each other’s yearbooks when they were idiot kids?

The entire discussion is just a distraction intended to move the focus away from how incredibly weak all these accusations turned out to be. He’s going to be confirmed, so Dems need some bizarre accusation to hang onto so they can pretend he’s not a legitimate justice. They’re going with yearbook farting perjury, an interesting choice by any measure.

Oh definitely Jhmd, just figured he would come back and post with his real name since he was never afraid of a hot take

I have no idea what Jhmd stands for, or what you’re even talking about, but I’m flattered you feel the need to question my authenticity to try and keep me from arguing with you. For the record my real name is not in fact Turt Locker, I’m not even sure what nationality that would be, it’s actually a pun on the movie “The Hurt Locker” however involving a turtle, hence the “Turt.” I do not remember why I found this funny upon creating this account, I don’t want to make any statements that seem overly certain as I may be asked to testify under oath about it some day and committing perjury about the meaning of TurtLocker would surely prove I’m a despicable human being.

If you don't believe he lied then i would suggest you are either purposely biased or extremely gullible.

Back