Page 15 of 254 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

A Young Go-Hard
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Why? They're in completely different parts of the state. That's the problem we want to fix. Cities and counties should only be big if they're too big by population for one district.
    You're confusing me. Why did you say that you want multiple urban centers chained together into single districts? That's gerrymandering.
    Draxx them sklounst

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    I've read the Guardian articles too. All of their mathematical presumptions are based on the small sample size of un-gerrymandered states/districts. There are enough metro areas with sprawl, and populated unversity/tech centers to make nearly every red state purple. These areas are either being isolated and chained together, or spliced up in Republican gerrymandering. Democratic gerrymandering is an exception, and in Maryland's case it's produced 1 extra dem representative. Republican State gerrymandering has produced nearly 10 extra republican reps from Texas and Wisconsin alone.
    This is the post I was referring to. Perhaps we're misunderstanding each other. I'm saying that metro areas shouldn't be split up to create more Dem districts. Each metro area should stay together within a cohesive district or split into two districts if it's big enough.

A longtime Sunday school teacher, Butt said she thought students in middle school weren't able to assess or analyze information about religion, or other subjects, in the same way as a high school student. She never said why that was something to curtail when it came to teaching anything related to religion.

"Junior high is not the time that children are doing the most analysis," Butt said. "Insecurity is in junior high a lot of times, and students are not able to differentiate a lot of things they are taught."
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    haha
    Gotta have time to brainwash the ignorant children into believing the Christian religious mythology before they can learn some other mythology.

Expanding Mod Powers
    No Tennessee public school course could include anything deemed "religious doctrine" unless the course is taught in 10th, 11th or 12th grade if a newly proposed bill becomes law.
    Sounds like a War on Christmas to me !

Business investment flowing AWAY from Sam Brownback's Tea Party paradise Kansas and into jackbooted-NHS-thug-held United Kingdom

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...-225m-10272631

Football. Bloody Hell.

These clowns not have a speaker yet?

No but they have this tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    These clowns not have a speaker yet?
    Ryan basically told the Tea Party to sit down and shut the fuck up and elect him Speaker with zero dissent. Good luck with that. Tea Party can't elect one of their own, but can deny Ryan's coronation. Don't think the Tea Party or Ryan will back down, so they'll be back to square one.

Gov. Sam Brownback in deep hole with Kansans

Only 18 percent of state residents said they were “very” or “somewhat satisfied” with GOP Gov. Sam Brownback.

Bob Beatty, a political scientist at Washburn University, told the Topeka Capital-Journal that Brownback’s poll numbers were “epic.

“This could be some of the lowest approval ratings of any Kansas governor in history,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    I think the problem is, they didn't elect someone conservative enough.

Somebody's Facebook caption: "if this doesn't kill selfies, nothing will"

I wish that had been taken January 20th, 2013.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    You think it would have been better if Ryan was the speaker then?

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    You think it would have been better if Ryan was the speaker then?
    LOL. Well played.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    The idea that the GOP would be less dysfunctional with more power is baffling.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    The idea that the GOP would be less dysfunctional with more power is baffling.
    I don't know man. I'm sure they always feel more comfortable when the black guy leaves their house. After they've finished their inventory of course.