• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

*In Islam, Taqiya or Taqiyya is a precautionary dissimulation or denial of religious belief and practice in the face of persecution. Another term for this concept, kitmān, has a more specific meaning of dissimulation by silence or omission.

..an enemy within

Oman !

I'll also take Turkey. Their leader sucks right now (maybe ol' Lec' likes him, hard to predict), but Turkey people are cool.

Beirut and Amman are right-on too !

Yea,go hang (sic) with Reycep “Islam is Islam,there is no mediating” Erdogan.

He’s got some space for you that is similar to wear Billy Hayes was holed up. :)

Not a big fan of Tapper, but this is pretty good:

The hypnotize part isn't the anti-Semitic section. This is " may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."

I am openly and clearly against Netanyahu. I've said he's one the main reasons there hasn't been a peace in the Middle East. Opposing policy is not anti-Semitic.

That pretty lady should just shut up.

That pretty lady should just shut up.

She shouldn’t shut up because “she’s pretty”..

She should shut up because she is absolutely a MORON

...that she is a virulent anti-Semite is apparent.

I could care less what gender,ethnicity,faith or country you come from..

..if you flee a country and have made it as far as this young woman has in America..do you think it asking too much if she showed at least mild gratitude for where she sits today?

Her arrogant display toward the Jewish envoy to Venezuela,Eliot Abrams,was really poor theatre.

She knew the optics.She had a Jew in the hot seat and just coming off her “Tiqiyyaesque apology” for insensitivity toward the Jewish community. She asked no relevant questions to a guy who is a career diplomat and her halting attitude was far beyond most newly minted rookies in Congress. Even old congressional salts rarely stray into this style of questioning and certainly not with a diplomat. You don’t have to like Abrams and you may think his stains from nearly three decades past cannot ever be washed away. I don’t particularly care for the younger iteration of Abrams,either.He came off smug and essentially amoral. Soros-like.
*At least as he was portrayed in the classic doc “Hotel Terminus”.The tale of Vichy resistance,betrayal,and the Butcher of Lyon,Klaus Barbie.

All things considered..diplomats with his experience and expertise are difficult to find.He is respected and reknowned for doing back channel work and is not concerned with acclaim.It should be noted that Trump doesn’t care that Abrams hates him. He wanted the right guy and this is who members on both sides pointed him to. Say what you like,Eliot is a dedicated person in a mostly thankless field when regarding the historical import of the work diplomats actually do.
He has extensive experience in Central and South America dating to the days of Simon Wiesenthal and the Boys from Brazil era of hunting Nazi war criminals.He deserves a modicum of respect.He’s earned it.

Oh please, yesterday had nothing to do with anybody’s Jewish faith and everything to do with involvement in the Iran-Contra scandal.

Appropos of nothing, is there a distinction between being anti-Semitic and Anit-Israel?

Yes, not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews; to suggest otherwise is, in fact, anti-Semitic.

To critique Israeli state policy (and its American lobby) is not inherently anti-Semitic.

Yeah, it would be ludicrous for someone to claim others shouldn’t express an opinion on things related to Israel.

Again, you’re welcome to express your opinion. That doesn’t mean that I have to agree with you. That being said, only one of us has directly experienced anti-semitism in our lives and I’m telling you that criticizing Israel, in this case, isn’t anti-Semitic. There is an influential Israel lobby in American politics. It has a lot to do with why politicians are not talking about the apartheid state in the Middle East.

I would have no problem with forcing Omar to resign if Trump and Pence were forced to resign in unison with her. Trump and Pence each have histories of trying to deny Americans their rights due to who they are. They are proud of their ingrained hate and bigotry.

Hold Trump and Pence equally accountable.

Oh please, yesterday had nothing to do with anybody’s Jewish faith and everything to do with involvement in the Iran-Contra scandal.

Do you really think that I think that you actually thought before you dribbled that ridiculous shit?

It had everything to do with Omar being able to attempt to demonstrate authority over a Jewish man.

Hard truths are better confronted than allowed to fester.

I would have no problem with forcing Omar to resign if Trump and Pence were forced to resign in unison with her. Trump and Pence each have histories of trying to deny Americans their rights due to who they are. They are proud of their ingrained hate and bigotry.

Hold Trump and Pence equally accountable.

Lowest unemployment and highest wages among Hispanics,Blacks and Females in nearly 5 decades for each group.

Just wait for the optics in his upcoming Anti-Marxist speech in Miami. Wait till you see the color of that crowd.

I think the left in America is going to see greater antisemitism get pulled into the mainstream of their party (See the UK/Corbyn) and needs to address it instead of pretending the situation doesn't exists.

AOC/Omar are just the start of a wave that could be the greatest political threat the Jewish community has faced in the US since the 40s.

Last edited:
Lowest unemployment and highest wages among Hispanics,Blacks and Females in nearly 5 decades for each group.

Just wait for the optics in his upcoming Anti-Marxist speech in Miami. Wait till you see the color of that crowd.

That's because capitalism is racist Lec' get on board buddy. Stop thinking with facts, you need more feelings.

Stop trolling. Criticizing Israel is not anti-Semitism.

I think the left in America is going to see greater antisemitism get pulled into the mainstream of their party (See the UK/Corbyn) and needs to address it instead of pretending the situation doesn't exists.

AOC/Omar are just the start of a wave that could be the greatest political threat the Jewish community has faced in the US since the 40s.

lol

Back