• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

You took back one of them.

If you don’t know that this entire episode was started by two tweets relating to AIPAC you clearly don’t know what you are talking about.

I'll take what the people who have actually met with her about the situation over all others giving extraneous opinions. Including mine. I think those who were there "know what they are talking about".

BTW, I have vehemently supported two states for nearly forty years, opposed settlements (those lands should be given back), totally opposed Netanyahu.

I'll take what the people who have actually met with her about the situation over all others giving extraneous opinions. Including mine. I think those who were there "know what they are talking about".

BTW, I have vehemently supported two states for nearly forty years, opposed settlements (those lands should be given back), totally opposed Netanyahu.

Pretty sure you and I just had a conversation about different things. I was talking about Omar’s three tweets about Israeli and AIPAC and you were making things up and also talking about what her constituents said. Glad you support a two state solution, I am pretty sure that what Omar support too.

Do you want a cookie for doing the bare minimum?

Pretty sure you and I just had a conversation about different things. I was talking about Omar’s three tweets about Israeli and AIPAC and you were making things up and also talking about what her constituents said. Glad you support a two state solution, I am pretty sure that what Omar support too.

I made a mistake. I thought I had seen that. i wasn't intentionally making things up.

The concept that she did the 2012 tweet and an AIPAC tweet reinforces not diminishes her position of not being anti-Semitic. You are acting like out of the mainstream about this. Most of her colleagues on The Hill agree with me as do many of her constituents.

I made a mistake. I thought I had seen that. i wasn't intentionally making things up.

The concept that she did the 2012 tweet and an AIPAC tweet reinforces not diminishes her position of not being anti-Semitic. You are acting like out of the mainstream about this. Most of her colleagues on The Hill agree with me as do many of her constituents.

Most of her colleagues on the Hill are beholden to pro-Israeli-lobby money.

And again, to non-biased, external observers, nothing in those two tweets is anti-Semitic.

Most of her colleagues on the Hill are beholden to pro-Israeli-lobby money.

And again, to non-biased, external observers, nothing in those two tweets is anti-Semitic.

I guess her constituents impressions don't matter either. Nor do those of many others not in Congress.

I guess her constituents impressions don't matter either. Nor do those of many others not in Congress.

You mean the one constituent that was quoted in the article and wouldn’t say specifically what he was concerned about?

Or the views of Congressmen who are terrified of running afoul of AIPAC?

I could care less what gender,ethnicity,faith or country you come from..

..if you flee a country and have made it as far as this young woman has in America..do you think it asking too much if she showed at least mild gratitude for where she sits today?

Her arrogant display toward the Jewish envoy to Venezuela,Eliot Abrams,was really poor theatre.

She knew the optics.She had a Jew in the hot seat and just coming off her “Tiqiyyaesque apology” for insensitivity toward the Jewish community. She asked no relevant questions to a guy who is a career diplomat and her halting attitude was far beyond most newly minted rookies in Congress. Even old congressional salts rarely stray into this style of questioning and certainly not with a diplomat. You don’t have to like Abrams and you may think his stains from nearly three decades past cannot ever be washed away. I don’t particularly care for the younger iteration of Abrams,either.He came off smug and essentially amoral. Soros-like.
*At least as he was portrayed in the classic doc “Hotel Terminus”.The tale of Vichy resistance,betrayal,and the Butcher of Lyon,Klaus Barbie.

All things considered..diplomats with his experience and expertise are difficult to find.He is respected and reknowned for doing back channel work and is not concerned with acclaim.It should be noted that Trump doesn’t care that Abrams hates him. He wanted the right guy and this is who members on both sides pointed him to. Say what you like,Eliot is a dedicated person in a mostly thankless field when regarding the historical import of the work diplomats actually do.
He has extensive experience in Central and South America dating to the days of Simon Wiesenthal and the Boys from Brazil era of hunting Nazi war criminals.He deserves a modicum of respect.He’s earned it.
You idiot. Elliot Abrams should be tried in the mother fucking Hague for the "Democracy" he's spread in South America, most glaringly the El Mazote genocide. If a hell even exists he should burn in it. How the fuck you could defend any American directly involved and complicit in training death squads is beyond comprehension. Not only did Abrams know about it, but he covered it up. And once it became illegal for America to directly fund the contras, that mother fucker went around the globe illegally fundraising for them.

Last edited:

Glad we could all agree on that. Let’s move on.

You idiot. Elliot Abrams should be tried in the mother fucking Hague for the "Democracy" he's spread in South America, most glaringly the El Mazote genocide. If a hell even exists he should burn in it. How the fuck you could defend any American directly involved and complicit in training death squads is beyond comprehension. Not only did Abrams know about it, but he covered it up. And once it became illegal for America to directly fund the contras, that mother fucker went around the globe illegally fundraising for them.

Weird that I haven’t seen many Iran-Contra retrospectives given that the exchange went viral. I don’t think many people remember it because Republicans got away with it. More people remember Contra the video game.

Glad we could all agree on that. Let’s move on.

That was a mistake the second time I typed "not" shouldn't be there.

I agree with the vast majority of people that her tweets and actions show that she is anti-Semitic.

Congratulations on the islamophobia then.

Exactly what have I posted that is 1/1000 of 1 % Islamophobic (at least I have enough respect to capitalize one of the world's great religions)?

Basically, all the policies I've mentioned aligns with Palestinians. I support two states. I oppose Netanyahu. I oppose settlements. I support Palestinians being able to work in Israel.

Exactly what have I posted that is 1/1000 of 1 % Islamophobic (at least I have enough respect to capitalize one of the world's great religions)?

Basically, all the policies I've mentioned aligns with Palestinians. I support two states. I oppose Netanyahu. I oppose settlements. I support Palestinians being able to work in Israel.
If all that is true then you recognize that Israel can be fairly critisized, by name, as a political entity, and a reference to Allah doesn't equate to anti-Semetism.

If all that is true then you recognize that Israel can be fairly critisized, by name, as a political entity, and a reference to Allah doesn't equate to anti-Semetism.

I criticize Israel all the time, but context matters. A part of recent context is after she "apologized" and met with constituents who didn't believe her "conversion". None of us have spoken with her.

Ahhhm, you saw the word Allah and assumed she was invoking Jihad against Jews everywhere. Sure you admitted that it was incorrect, you took back the word strike, but you jumped to wild conclusions about her intentions to invoke death and violence when you saw the word Allah. That’s Islamophobic.

Ahhhm, you saw the word Allah and assumed she was invoking Jihad against Jews everywhere. Sure you admitted that it was incorrect, you took back the word strike, but you jumped to wild conclusions about her intentions to invoke death and violence when you saw the word Allah. That’s Islamophobic.

You are completely wrong. I NEVER said anything about JIHAD..not a single time.

I made a simple mistake while trying to answer multiple posters. If you don't believe me, I guess our relationship has dramatically changed as I would believe you telling me the same thing.

Please don't descend into the area of trying to telling me what I think or feel or meant.

Back