• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Yeah because these are the only two options!

I'm not against Israel as a state and don't deny that they live in a dangerous reason where they believe that they constantly face existential crises. However, this doesn't mean that they actually face such crises (specifically given the size of their intelligence community and nuclear arsenal - particularly compared to their neighbors) nor does it excuse their continued violation of international norms in regard to Palestine (West Bank, settlements, etc.).

I struggle to see how Israel's continued failure to recognize and acknowledge Palestine as a legitimate state is any different than the complaints that Jewish people had for centuries regarding their own land and state.

The red part simply isn't true. Palestine has been offered a totally independent state numerous times over the past thirty plus years and have refused it. Under the Mitchell Plan and early Obama plan, Israel had agreed to give up 97% of the land acquired after the 67 War. All they wanted to keep was the Golan (which can never be given back to Syria) and making Jerusalem an open city. Israel even offered to pay for a modern Palestinian airport and free entrance to Israel to work and socialize.

Has Israel ever officially acknowledged Palestine as a legitimate state?

And didn't Sharon end up opposing the Mitchell plan because of the settlement requirements (no further Israeli expansion)?

Has Israel ever officially acknowledged Palestine as a legitimate state?

And didn't Sharon end up opposing the Mitchell plan because of the settlement requirements (no further Israeli expansion)?

Multiple Isreali PMs have been willing to acknowledge Palestine as a sovereign state. It's been part of every agreement. Israel agreed to the full Mitchell Plan including settlements.

You are simply wrong about this.

Netanyahu has dramatically fucked this up by expanding illegal settlements. Before him it was a done deal. Except Arafat and his successor reneged each time .

Nethanyahu's base includes the largely extreme right-wing settlers and prospective settlers. Thus he's been acting to appease them.

At significant cost to humanity, of course, but who cares if you can stay in power!

Do you have a link to Israel accepting the Mitchell Plan? I can’t find anything and only see that Israel refused to agree to stop settlement expansion.

And Jerry Fallwell and Reaganites lined them all up with getting into heaven and Jeebus needs a place to land and that's Israel.

It's all been pre-packaged and served up with fries and a shake for Americans to consume with hands on hearts. Don't send some hijab-wearing immigrant into the hallowed halls of Congress to challenge that shit, you might as well be kneelin' during the national anthem

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

Do you have a link to Israel accepting the Mitchell Plan? I can’t find anything and only see that Israel refused to agree to stop settlement expansion.

It’s a little bit more complicated than RJ is suggesting.

Also, if criticizing Israel is anti-Semitic, then criticizing Palestine is Islamophobic.

Do you see why that logic sucks, RJ?

Last edited:
And Jerry Fallwell and Reaganites lined them all up with getting into heaven and Jeebus needs a place to land and that's Israel.

It's all been pre-packaged and served up with fries and a shake for Americans to consume with hands on hearts. Don't send some hijab-wearing immigrant into the hallowed halls of Congress to challenge that shit, you might as well be kneelin' during the national anthem

It's hilarious that so many rural and small-town Evangelicals support for Israel has little to nothing to do with any admiration for the Jewish faith or beliefs, or with admiration for Israel as one of the only democracies in that part of the world, but rather because they've been taught since they were little kids that the State of Israel has to exist for Jesus to return and call them up to heaven in the Rapture, and so America must always side with Israel no matter what, because if we don't God and Jesus will get really, really pissed and blast us. I know this is true because I heard variations of that theme all the time in several Baptist churches growing up. They need Israel to exist for their own purposes, not because they really care about the welfare of that nation or the people who live there.

It's hilarious that so many rural and small-town Evangelicals support for Israel has little to nothing to do with any admiration for the Jewish faith or beliefs, or with admiration for Israel as one of the only democracies in that part of the world, but rather because they've been taught since they were little kids that the State of Israel has to exist for Jesus to return and call them up to heaven in the Rapture, and so America must always side with Israel no matter what, because if we don't God and Jesus will get really, really pissed and blast us. I know this is true because I heard variations of that theme all the time in several Baptist churches growing up. They need Israel to exist for their own purposes, not because they really care about the welfare of that nation or the people who live there.

If I’m Jesus, fuck the Middle East, I’m going to Tahiti

Marketing, man. :rulz:

Everything is either black or white for these Cult45 devotees. There is no room for nuance.

Yep.

Everything is either black or white for these Cult45 devotees. There is no room for nuance.

Oh,for the love of nuance!

Nuance is wonderful..and like everything else,it must be treated with moderation.

Back