• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

David Vitter loses to a Dem for Louisiana Governor. Mixing it up with hookers doesn't fly in deeply partisan red (LA) or blue states (Spitzer-NY). Both Vitter and Bobby Jindal were Rhodes Scholars and deeply unpopular in LA.

David Vitter loses to a Dem for Louisiana Governor. Mixing it up with hookers doesn't fly in deeply partisan red (LA) or blue states (Spitzer-NY). Both Vitter and Bobby Jindal were Rhodes Scholars and deeply unpopular in LA.

Vitter's won reelection after the scandal, IIRC.

i read the article (natch) but hadn't seen the speech. thanks for posting. he says a lot of things that I wholeheartedly agree with. the country badly needs a legislative branch that is actually engaged in legislating instead of constant fundraising and posturing for MSNBC and Fox. The Senate has largely abdicated its foreign policy role for the past 30 years and as he says, it's rules and procedures have become nothing more than a shirts vs. skins game.

MSNBC banners claiming 3rd suspect detained.

Just said their names...not good.

"What--are you kidding me? I’m about to fly to Paris and shoot ‘em in the head myself!" Fiore said she told Muth when asked why she didn't join the statement on Syrian refugees.

"I am not OK with Syrian refugees. I’m not OK with terrorists. I’m OK with putting them down, blacking them out, just put a piece of brass in their ocular cavity and end their miserable life. I'm good with that," she continued.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michele-fiore-syrian-refugees-shoot-em

uh, is that a real quote

also, have to check w/ elkman, but I was always under the impression that the brass was the shell casing, not the bullet. but perhaps an FMJ round does have some brass in the 'jacket'

I just don't get why they don't pass the First Responders Bill.

Back