• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

The moron in the WH is threatening to close the US/Mexico border as well cutting off ALL aid to El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala.

If you could invent the worst possible things to do to create MORE illegal migration, you couldn't do more than this.

His people will lap it up. They gotta keep those scary brown people out.

BTW, we would lose over $1.5Billion/day in trade revenue by closing the border. By keeping this in place, tens of thousands of US jobs will be lost.

Jaywalkers are domestic terrorists on our surface streets.

people like you are why our cities can't have nice things.

Me ? I can walk or bike to my office if I so choose, whic I have done on occasion. I've got three elementary schools and a middle school within 1.5 miles of my house that the school system won't send my kids to. Yet, I'm the problem because I think people should cross at the lights.

Somewhere Lois Lerner is shaking her head.

Somewhere Lois Lerner is shaking her head.

Ah yes, Cotton fighting the good fight while the FBI arrested dozens of white nationalists for conspiracy to commit violent acts in his home state of Arkansas recently:

https://5newsonline.com/2019/02/12/...e-supremacist-group-indicted-authorities-say/

Maybe this guy should focus on his home state where white nationalism is thriving? Nah, gotta get the boogeyman out to get the poor desperate politicians in the GOP.

Masters of projection.

Jaywalkers are domestic terrorists on our surface streets.

fun fact, jaywalking laws were largely a creation of the auto industry to sell more cars.

One was an attempt to shape news coverage of car accidents. The National Automobile Chamber of Commerce, an industry group, established a free wire service for newspapers: Reporters could send in the basic details of a traffic accident and would get in return a complete article to print the next day. These articles, printed widely, shifted the blame for accidents to pedestrians — signaling that following these new laws was important.

Auto campaigners lobbied police to publicly shame transgressors by whistling or shouting at them — and even carrying women back to the sidewalk — instead of quietly reprimanding or fining them. They staged safety campaigns in which actors dressed in 19th-century garb, or as clowns, were hired to cross the street illegally, signifying that the practice was outdated and foolish. In a 1924 New York safety campaign, a clown was marched in front of a slow-moving Model T and rammed repeatedly.

This strategy also explains the name that was given to crossing illegally on foot: jaywalking. During this era, the word "jay" meant something like "rube" or "hick" — a person from the sticks, who didn't know how to behave in a city. So pro-auto groups promoted use of the word "jay walker" as someone who didn't know how to walk in a city, threatening public safety.

my bad. Didn't know Biff already knew that and was just a bootlicker or cop.

So those of you who are anti-jaywalking laws, or pro-death, do you also think we should take the yellow lines off the pavement ?

He's definitely bootlicking over on the chat thread. Except they're boat shoes he's licking.

Back