• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Yeah Miller is absolutely a white nationalist. I looked through comments to Omar's tweets and damn does she take a lot of flak. I suspect there will be more arrests for threatening a Congresswoman than simply the one that came out in the past couple days.

I think Twitter needs to do something about that type of vitriol and "discourse" on their platform even if they don't have any obligations to do so.

i thought Ben Shapiro got the most flack on twitter

Yeah Miller is absolutely a white nationalist. I looked through comments to Omar's tweets and damn does she take a lot of flak. I suspect there will be more arrests for threatening a Congresswoman than simply the one that came out in the past couple days.

I think Twitter needs to do something about that type of vitriol and "discourse" on their platform even if they don't have any obligations to do so.

I was listening to Breitbart news on XM this morning and they had this guy Jonathan Gillum on who is a former air marshal and Navy SEAL -- how that qualifies him to talk about politics I dunno. He's also a frequent Hannity guest. Anyway he was saying that Omar essentially deserves the bad treatment she gets for being so anti-Semitic and that there's an important clarification: Stephen Miller is a nationalist, but not a white nationalist.

I mean just a cursory review of initial responses to her tweet yesterday include:

1. Go back to Somalia
2. Go back to planning your wedding to your brother
3. She's a "racist homophobic pagan bigot" who needs to renounce Allah and turn to Jesus Christ
4. She's an ungrateful pig and a bitch who needs to go back to Somalia
5. She's a terrorist
6. She holds a child molester as her prophet
7. She's "not an American" and
8. She's just like Hitler as an anti-semite who wants to "exterminate" the Jews - including Stephen Miller

There are also dozens of "tweet unavailable" which presumably were worse criticisms that Twitter removed for violating the terms of service.

The only "sources" I found discussing her marrying her brother are right-wing blogs that claim she married her brother for fraudulent citizenship reasons. Based on those sources I'm inclined to say she probably is not (and did not).

Articles like this only serve to give cover to spineless Republicans

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/08/trump-hill-dhs-1262097

Every time Trump inches ever so closer to full blown authoritarianism some article comes out telling us how "stunned" and "floored" Congressional Republicans are, and frankly it's so fucking tired. It's been two and half years...how many times does this dude have to show them exactly who he is before these clowns stop clutching their pearls behind closed doors as if this is some kind of shocking development?

The only "sources" I found discussing her marrying her brother are right-wing blogs that claim she married her brother for fraudulent citizenship reasons. Based on those sources I'm inclined to say she probably is not (and did not).

Still better than marrying your brother.

So WFFaithful has a thread on White Supremacy and another on White Supremacists ? Seems like a bit much.

Maybe pulling this one back toward the GOP debacle, here's Rep Thomas Massie (R-KY) who went to fucking MIT acting like he doesn't know what a Poli Sci degree is.

Maybe pulling this one back toward the GOP debacle, here's Rep Thomas Massie (R-KY) who went to fucking MIT acting like he doesn't know what a Poli Sci degree is.

beyond parody

wow Massie is highly punchable

I've never had more respect for Kerry than in the moments after watching that clip.

Back