Page 225 of 238 FirstFirst ... 125175215220221222223224225226227228229230235 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 4744

Thread: Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

  1. #4481
    Scooter Banks
    ConnorEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Posts
    7,580
    ...This is why policy doesn’t matter. I have only two requirements from the Democratic nominee. First, he or she must not be obviously mentally unstable. Second, the nominee must not be in any way sympathetic — or worse, potentially beholden — to a hostile foreign power. This rules out Gabbard, Williamson and maybe New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, although in de Blasio’s case it’s hard to tell whether he is unstable or just a terrible person.

    As for the rest of them, I am willing to live with whoever wins the Democratic primary process...
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

  2. #4482
    Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    “Almost any Dem nominee...” is a really interesting way of saying “I’m still voting for Trump because this lets me justify it later”
    Yep. Somebody better alert Junebug, so he can get his talking points in order.
    We're going to be good again.

  3. #4483
    Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    “Almost any Dem nominee...” is a really interesting way of saying “I’m still voting for Trump because this lets me justify it later”
    That's not what that article says at all.

  4. #4484

  5. #4485
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    68,021
    But Trump and his aides aren't racists.

  6. #4486
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    junebug just came again

  7. #4487
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    That's not what that article says at all.
    Oh I know, I read the full article. But I’ve seen this movie before. Until we have the receipts, I don’t trust any conservative to vote against Trump.
    Birds aren’t real

  8. #4488
    Yes, but that is the exact kind of thing Nichols is arguing against in that article.

  9. #4489

  10. #4490
    Scooter Banks
    ConnorEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Posts
    7,580
    Good grief.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

  11. #4491
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    103,896

    Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

    Always pay attention to how people define “We.” Republicans use the Constitutional “We” as in the Preamble to the Constitution. (Junebug would call this “original intent.”)

    For them “We” is wealthy white men and dupes who either think they’ll become wealthy white men or think those white men act in their interest.

    So for them parroting “United We Stand, Divided We Fall” isn’t ironic because they’re only talking about uniting white men.

    Democrats use a collective We. Everyone. That’s dangerous to Republicans because it dilutes their power derived from homogeneity.

  12. #4492
    Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    Oh I know, I read the full article. But I’ve seen this movie before. Until we have the receipts, I don’t trust any conservative to vote against Trump.
    I voted against him in 2016. Then I campaigned for Democrats in 2018. I stand with Nichols...I’ll gladly vote for any Dem nominee other than Gabbard and Williamson. And if it’s one of those two, they’ll get my vote provided there’s not a stronger 3rd party candidate who is likely to win.

  13. #4493
    That being said - today’s “conservatives” are a bunch of pussies who are totally fine with being lied to by dear leader trump. I realize there are very few conservatives like myself or Tom Nichols.

  14. #4494
    Ishmael Smith Junebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Open to suggestions
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    Yep. Somebody better alert Junebug, so he can get his talking points in order.
    I’ve already stated that I’m likely voting libertarian, like I did in 2016.

  15. #4495
    congrats. an even dumber and unrealistic political philosophy.

  16. #4496
    Ishmael Smith Junebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Open to suggestions
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Always pay attention to how people define “We.” Republicans use the Constitutional “We” as in the Preamble to the Constitution. (Junebug would call this “original intent.”)

    For them “We” is wealthy white men and dupes who either think they’ll become wealthy white men or think those white men act in their interest.

    So for them parroting “United We Stand, Divided We Fall” isn’t ironic because they’re only talking about uniting white men.

    Democrats use a collective We. Everyone. That’s dangerous to Republicans because it dilutes their power derived from homogeneity.
    “Original intent” is not the touchstone of Originalism. “Original meaning” is.

    The notion that “we the people” is limited to landowning white males ignores the 14th Amendment, which provides that all persons have equal protection of the laws.

    People who criticize originalism as being racist refuse, either because of stupidity or for polemical reasons, to accept that originalism acknowledges that the 13-15th Amendments worked a fundamental change in constitutional structure.

  17. #4497
    Ishmael Smith Junebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Open to suggestions
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    congrats. an even dumber and unrealistic political philosophy.
    It’s rare to spot a donkey in the wild who lacks sufficient self-awareness that he calls another political viewpoint “unrealistic.”

  18. #4498
    The law is what Republicans say it is. See: Barr and SCOTUS.

  19. #4499
    Ishmael Smith Junebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Open to suggestions
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    junebug just came again
    inside your mom

  20. #4500
    Ishmael Smith Junebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Open to suggestions
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    He was talking about Israel.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nat...n-menashi/amp/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •