Page 225 of 238 FirstFirst ... 125175215220221222223224225226227228229230235 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 4744

Thread: Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

Scooter Banks
    ...This is why policy doesn’t matter. I have only two requirements from the Democratic nominee. First, he or she must not be obviously mentally unstable. Second, the nominee must not be in any way sympathetic — or worse, potentially beholden — to a hostile foreign power. This rules out Gabbard, Williamson and maybe New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, although in de Blasio’s case it’s hard to tell whether he is unstable or just a terrible person.

As for the rest of them, I am willing to live with whoever wins the Democratic primary process...
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    “Almost any Dem nominee...” is a really interesting way of saying “I’m still voting for Trump because this lets me justify it later”
    Yep. Somebody better alert Junebug, so he can get his talking points in order.
    We're going to be good again.

“Almost any Dem nominee...” is a really interesting way of saying “I’m still voting for Trump because this lets me justify it later”
    That's not what that article says at all.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    But Trump and his aides aren't racists.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    junebug just came again

That's not what that article says at all.
    Oh I know, I read the full article. But I’ve seen this movie before. Until we have the receipts, I don’t trust any conservative to vote against Trump.
    Birds aren’t real

Yes, but that is the exact kind of thing Nichols is arguing against in that article.

Scooter Banks
    Good grief.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

Always pay attention to how people define “We.” Republicans use the Constitutional “We” as in the Preamble to the Constitution. (Junebug would call this “original intent.”)

For them “We” is wealthy white men and dupes who either think they’ll become wealthy white men or think those white men act in their interest.

So for them parroting “United We Stand, Divided We Fall” isn’t ironic because they’re only talking about uniting white men.

Democrats use a collective We. Everyone. That’s dangerous to Republicans because it dilutes their power derived from homogeneity.

Oh I know, I read the full article. But I’ve seen this movie before. Until we have the receipts, I don’t trust any conservative to vote against Trump.
    I voted against him in 2016. Then I campaigned for Democrats in 2018. I stand with Nichols...I’ll gladly vote for any Dem nominee other than Gabbard and Williamson. And if it’s one of those two, they’ll get my vote provided there’s not a stronger 3rd party candidate who is likely to win.

That being said - today’s “conservatives” are a bunch of pussies who are totally fine with being lied to by dear leader trump. I realize there are very few conservatives like myself or Tom Nichols.

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    Yep. Somebody better alert Junebug, so he can get his talking points in order.
    I’ve already stated that I’m likely voting libertarian, like I did in 2016.

congrats. an even dumber and unrealistic political philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Always pay attention to how people define “We.” Republicans use the Constitutional “We” as in the Preamble to the Constitution. (Junebug would call this “original intent.”)

For them “We” is wealthy white men and dupes who either think they’ll become wealthy white men or think those white men act in their interest.

So for them parroting “United We Stand, Divided We Fall” isn’t ironic because they’re only talking about uniting white men.

Democrats use a collective We. Everyone. That’s dangerous to Republicans because it dilutes their power derived from homogeneity.
    “Original intent” is not the touchstone of Originalism. “Original meaning” is.

The notion that “we the people” is limited to landowning white males ignores the 14th Amendment, which provides that all persons have equal protection of the laws.

People who criticize originalism as being racist refuse, either because of stupidity or for polemical reasons, to accept that originalism acknowledges that the 13-15th Amendments worked a fundamental change in constitutional structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    congrats. an even dumber and unrealistic political philosophy.
    It’s rare to spot a donkey in the wild who lacks sufficient self-awareness that he calls another political viewpoint “unrealistic.”

The law is what Republicans say it is. See: Barr and SCOTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    junebug just came again
    inside your mom

He was talking about Israel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nat...n-menashi/amp/