• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I know I should be numb to it at this point, but the “brown people are just going to vote Democrat” bullshit really grinds my gears. Why shouldn’t any group of people not vote in their own best interests? If you believe your agenda is in their best interest, then try communicating it more effectively.

I know I should be numb to it at this point, but the “brown people are just going to vote Democrat” bullshit really grinds my gears. Why shouldn’t any group of people not vote in their own best interests? If you believe your agenda is in their best interest, then try communicating it more effectively.

They know their agenda isn’t in our best interests.

They can’t win on the merits so they have try to cheat the system

Osteopathic medicine. The same hellhole down the road that produced Stephen Miller produced her.

People like her and Ben Carson assume they understand people because they can fix a few body parts.

Anyone who enjoys watching this woman is a bigot. Plain and simple.

Fox News is a scourge on society.

And this is what terrifies Republicans, from the party leadership right down to the rube base. This demographic change has already happened in California, New York, Massachusetts, and Illinois. Virginia is just the latest example of how demographic changes have altered the politics of an entire state from dark red to deep blue. The GOP's problem is that a number of other states - Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona, Nevada, and perhaps eventually Florida - are in the process of the same demographic changes. Rural, small-town, overwhelmingly white GOP areas are declining as as percentage of the state's population, while more diverse urban areas are booming. They can see the eventual handwriting on the wall, which is why they're so desperate to gerrymander and restrict voting access and limit voter registration or purge voting rolls and all the rest. There's no mystery to it.

Back