• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Wait, isn't osteopathic medicine just a new word for chiropractic ? Who the hell goes to Duke to become a chiropractor ?

i think DOs do have a crappier reputation but in the US their training is the same as an MD, in terms of rigor. The MDs i know swear they would never go to a DO, though.

I heard Mayor Pete is offering Osteopathic Healthcare For All as a less costly alternative to Warren's plan !

i think you're talking about homeopathic

Nope.

Learn how osteopathic physicians use OMT to help patients find relief from muscle pain, migraines and carpal tunnel.

Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment, or OMT, is a set of hands-on techniques used by osteopathic physicians (DOs) to diagnose, treat, and prevent illness or injury. Using OMT, a DO moves a patient’s muscles and joints using techniques that include stretching, gentle pressure and resistance.

As part of their education, DOs receive special training in the musculoskeletal system, the body’s intricate system of muscles, nerves and bones. This advanced training provides DOs with a keen understanding of how the body’s systems are interconnected and how each one affects the others.

When appropriate, OMT can complement, and even replace, drugs or surgery. In this way, DOs bring an important dimension to standard medical care.

How does OMT reduce musculoskeletal pain during pregnancy?
Find out on DoctorsThatDo_Org
Benefits of OMT
OMT can help people of all ages and backgrounds. The treatment can be used to ease pain, promote healing and increase overall mobility. Although often used to treat muscle pain, the treatment can also help patients with a number of other health problems such as:

Asthma
Sinus disorders
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Migraines
Menstrual pain
Through OMT, physicians manually apply a specific amount of pressure to different regions in the body. These techniques can help:

Treat structural and tissue abnormalities
Relieve joint restriction and misalignment
Restore muscle and tissue balance
Promote the overall movement of blood flow throughout the body

I do appreciate Mayor Pete trying to promote the chiropractors of South Bend though.

i think DOs do have a crappier reputation but in the US their training is the same as an MD, in terms of rigor. The MDs i know swear they would never go to a DO, though.

They’ve probably not trained or worked with them.

Many osteopathic physicians do specialty and subspecialty training in traditional allopathic programs. And, generally, those DOs are equal to their MD counterparts.

Lol this Alabama Senate race is going be much needed comic relief for what will be another grueling and anxiety inducing election cycle.

At least Jim Jordan is consistent in his disdain for whistleblowers.

Lol this Alabama Senate race is going be much needed comic relief for what will be another grueling and anxiety inducing election cycle.

USA Today had an article yesterday which said that 56% of Americans in a survey said that the 2020 presidential election is already "a significant source of stress" for them. Far more Democrats than Republicans said the election was a source of stress for them. Even higher levels of stress were reported for healthcare (69%) and mass shootings (71%).

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

Sad birdman.

USA Today had an article yesterday which said that 56% of Americans in a survey said that the 2020 presidential election is already "a significant source of stress" for them. Far more Democrats than Republicans said the election was a source of stress for them. Even higher levels of stress were reported for healthcare (69%) and mass shootings (71%).

weary-traveler.gif

Back