• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

These comments aren’t for the rubes. They are for Trump. You know he’s watching.

^This. It was revealed at the Yovanovitch hearings just last week that one reason the State Department didn't more aggressively defend her was because of fear that Trump might attack anyone who defended her on twitter. Legions of GOP politicians, including some very prominent ones, live in fear of Trump attacking them on social media. Look at what Trump did to Yovanovich on twitter while she was still testifying. Every Republican going on a news talk show (on any network, not just Fox) knows that Trump is watching them closely, or someone around him is, and so they just offer effusive praise and endless excuses for Dear Leader. And if they don't, they know they'll get the Amash treatment. It's the new normal for the GOP.

A fun look back at Linsey Graham:

I read the article, and Lowry's belief in some kind of an "inclusive" nationalism is totally out of touch with reality. It's pie-in-the-sky thinking. As the reporter kept pointing out to Lowry (and he kept sidestepping the issue) we already have nationalism, and it looks nothing like Lowry's imagined American nationalism. It's not inclusive, or open-minded, or race or gender neutral, or almost anything he says he's pushing for. And his admission that Trump is better than virtually any Democrat running is far more revealing of his actual intentions and beliefs than anything else he says in the article. No wonder he went from a Never Trumper to yet another Trump apologist and supporter.

A fun look back at Linsey Graham:

Yeah, I had posted this video, not the tweet a while back. I'm starting to suspect at this point that Trump is an alien who has promised old guys in the Senate/Congress an eternal life in their youthful bodies or something, i.e. Cocoon. These people just seem to lose their minds entirely.

Yeah, I had posted this video, not the tweet a while back. I'm starting to suspect at this point that Trump is an alien who has promised old guys in the Senate/Congress an eternal life in their youthful bodies or something, i.e. Cocoon. These people just seem to lose their minds entirely.

Russian blackmail/bribery will do that.

If the Senate doesn't remove Trump from office (and they won't), and he gets reelected next year, then he'll be emboldened and empowered in a way we haven't seen yet. At that point it will be open season on anyone who opposes him, from the government and news media and educational institutions on down. That's basically the GOP's wet dream. And truth be told, who is going to stop him? We know nobody in his own party will, they've become slaves to his will. He's packing the courts with his people, and may well add another one or two justices to the SC. The House has shown that by itself it can't really do anything much to slow him down, other than hold hearings. If the Dems take the Senate and House maybe they can stop him, but winning a Senate majority is currently a long shot given the math. If nothing else, Trump has shown just how fragile our long-touted safeguards and protections really are. Imperial Presidency indeed.

Last edited:
Texas GOP accidentally loses 2020 election strategy plans to Texas Democrats. Among other things, their strategy calls for creating websites to attack Democrats - “Starting after the Primary, the RPT will generate microsites for negative hits against the Democrat candidates in our twelve target races - we expect each microsite to be roughly $500...We will then begin rolling out these websites, prioritizing the races that were within 4% in the 2018 election.” They also plan to create an online video to highlight how "diverse" the Texas GOP is to counter criticism that Texas Republicans are nearly all-white and have little minority representation. LOL.

Link: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/11/26/republican-party-of-texas-election-strategy-document-for-2020-elections-leaked-to-democrats/?utm_source=pushly

You might be morally bankrupt when the Ukrainian government has more honor than you.

Thanks, Lindsey Graham.

If the Senate doesn't remove Trump from office (and they won't), and he gets reelected next year, then he'll be emboldened and empowered in a way we haven't seen yet. At that point it will be open season on anyone who opposes him, from the government and news media and educational institutions on down. That's basically the GOP's wet dream. And truth be told, who is going to stop him? We know nobody in his own party will, they've become slaves to his will. He's packing the courts with his people, and may well add another one or two justices to the SC. The House has shown that by itself it can't really do anything much to slow him down, other than hold hearings. If the Dems take the Senate and House maybe they can stop him, but winning a Senate majority is currently a long shot given the math. If nothing else, Trump has shown just how fragile our long-touted safeguards and protections really are. Imperial Presidency indeed.
"Maybe the 2nd Amendment folks would do something, I don't know."

Back