• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Pence may or may not be Trump's VP, but Cruz delegates are writing the party platform. Trump fucks the GOP with women and Latinos, but an added bonus is a Cruz written party platform straght out of the '50s.

Unlike the Dems, where Bernie has scored some owns over the loser neolibs, the GOP platform is irrelevant.

surprise: dumb GOP invading your personal life again...in the South...in North Carolina

the part of Small Government lulzzzzzzz

Not a done deal, but support for gay conversion therapy passed in GOP platform committee. Pence supports gay conversion therapy, but Christie signed a law banning it. Trump doesn't give a shit about the platform, but Cruz/Huckabee/Santorum social policies won't be helpful for 2020. Can't blame a 2016 loss entirely on Trump with a hardcore social conservative platform.

Not a done deal, but support for gay conversion therapy passed in GOP platform committee. Pence supports gay conversion therapy, but Christie signed a law banning it. Trump doesn't give a shit about the platform, but Cruz/Huckabee/Santorum social policies won't be helpful for 2020. Can't blame a 2016 loss entirely on Trump with a hardcore social conservative platform.

What the fucking hell is wrong with these people?

Just a sampling of other positions in the platform draft of one of the two major parties in 2016 America:

Coal is a "clean" energy source
Lawmakers should use religion as a guide when legislating since "man-made law must be consistent with God-given, natural rights
The Bible should be taught in public schools - as part of "American History"
Same-sex marriage SCOTUS decision should be overturned with a constitutional amendment
The aforementioned "parents can choose what's best for their kids medically, including treatment or therapy" (amendment was offered, and passed, to include "therapy")
State laws like HB2 should be lauded and promoted to restrict bathrooms trans individuals can use
A "natural marriage" is one between a man and a woman and is most likely to result in offspring who "do not become drug-addicted or otherwise damaged"
Support for an actual, physical "wall" to be built on the Mexican-American border
Completely defund Planned Parenthood
Abolish the IRS (apparently passed committee)

Just a sampling of other positions in the platform draft of one of the two major parties in 2016 America:

Coal is a "clean" energy source
Lawmakers should use religion as a guide when legislating since "man-made law must be consistent with God-given, natural rights
The Bible should be taught in public schools - as part of "American History"
Same-sex marriage SCOTUS decision should be overturned with a constitutional amendment
The aforementioned "parents can choose what's best for their kids medically, including treatment or therapy" (amendment was offered, and passed, to include "therapy")
State laws like HB2 should be lauded and promoted to restrict bathrooms trans individuals can use
A "natural marriage" is one between a man and a woman and is most likely to result in offspring who "do not become drug-addicted or otherwise damaged"
Support for an actual, physical "wall" to be built on the Mexican-American border
Completely defund Planned Parenthood
Abolish the IRS (apparently passed committee)

That's practically a list of reasons why I would like to vote for a competent GOP candidate, but won't be able to until all of these conditions are not only removed from the platform, but pretty much reversed. (with perhaps the exception of the IRS being abolished, but that's simply because I don't know enough about the pros and cons of it) So many things on that list seem incredibly archaic. The fact that they think homosexuality is something that needs to be treated as though it's an illness means that they are still a LONG way away from getting my vote.

Last edited:
Yep, it's like the what's what of how to turn away moderate voters in the sense of socially liberal fiscally conservative, so basically most young potential conservatives.

Don't forget about those two birds not really being endangered.

I'm not commenting on that until I hear from the man of the birds, birdman.
You all looking for someone familiar with bird law? 'cause I know a guy.

ssunnamedjpg-c748a9_1280w-e1455768765791.jpg

I'm not commenting on that until I hear from the man of the birds, birdman.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I presume this references the prairie chicken issue. I could actually probably get in trouble at work for expressing too strong an opinion. However, it can't be denied that we are all better off when lawyers, judges and politicians override science based decision makers.

What is this gay conversion therapy that Pence supports and how is it supposed to work? This is so laughable sounding.

Back