• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Yes. It is a threat. I renounce him.

See? It is possible to criticize members of the party you generally affiliate with. You should try it sometime.

i criticize democrats all the time. maybe that's why we don't get the judges

You can say this about a lot of people, but it probably fits best with Scott. He's the worst.

I've noticed over the past week that more and more right-wing news outlets are starting to display articles calling for "national unity" and a temporary halt to partisanship in the face of the coronavirus pandemic. The NY Post just posted one today, and said that Pelosi and Schumer should stop calling Trump "incompetent and corrupt" and offer solutions, and that Trump should listen to them (lol). And Biden and Bernie should stop criticizing Trump too for the duration. These calls for unity might be more credible if it were not for the fact that these same outlets - and the president and party they support - have spent years sowing national disunity and division. Honestly, it's a little late to start calling for unity now, especially when you don't have much credibility on the subject to start with. It's like Trump calling for unity last week and then tweeting attacks on Democrats and the "fake news media" just a few hours later. You reap what you sow.

Link: https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/america-needs-its-own-christmas-truce-to-triumph-over-coronavirus-goodwin/

When you are on record taking no responsibility for the biggest failure of this whole thing, then you can shove your unity up your pee hole.

"unity" is a one-way street.

I think they know that Trump (and maybe GOP candidates as a whole) are in trouble, and that this is only going to get worse, so what they're really saying is "stop pointing out how inept and bungled our response to all this has been."

I think they know that Trump (and maybe GOP candidates as a whole) are in trouble, and that this is only going to get worse, so what they're really saying is "stop pointing out how inept and bungled our response to all this has been."

Fuck that noise. These mother fucks can't wash their hands of this shit for 20 seconds. You want credit for the good, you accept responsibility for the bad. This is the fucking job.

Fuck that noise. These mother fucks can't wash their hands of this shit for 20 seconds. You want credit for the good, you accept responsibility for the bad. This is the fucking job.

100% agreed. I just think that's what they're thinking. It's not just panic time for the nation over the coronavirus, it's panic time for the GOP politically.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

There are no such things as Reagan judges or Bush... LOL!

Last edited:
Back