• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Can't expect men and women to work next to each other in an office environment.

That Pence picture was strange.
200611064550-pence-deleted-tweet-super-169.jpg

The black guy is up front. The perhaps Indian guy is near the front. It's almost all men to Pence's left and disproportionately women on his right.

The women also seem to be pushed slightly further back than the men. Which fits, as I'm sure that since his wife doesn't seem to be around he can't let himself be tempted by being in too close proximity to the female gender. Mother would not be pleased.

All the women seem to be wearing dresses as well.

G.O.P. Congressman Faces Primary After Officiating Same-Sex Wedding

Several party county committees voted to censure him, and Bob Good, a former county official who was once an employee of Liberty University, threw his name into the race to challenge him from the right, arguing Mr. Riggleman “betrayed the trust” of Republicans in the district.

Further adding to the treacherous political terrain for Mr. Riggleman is the unusual way the primary will be decided. Across a sprawling congressional district, as many as 3,500 party delegates were expected to cast ballots on Saturday at a socially distanced drive-through convention held in Lynchburg, Va., the result of state laws that allow party organizations to choose congressional nominees by conventions instead of traditional primary elections.

The mostly rural district is the largest in the state, spanning from west of Washington to the Virginia-North Carolina border. For some delegates, casting their vote may have required driving up to three hours to the church in Lynchburg where the convention was being held.

On Saturday, delegates lined up in their cars outside the church’s parking lot, with some waiting for over an hour to cast their ballots, according to The Roanoke Times.
Lynchburg is about 3/4 of the way down south, right about where the district get fat
lossless-page1-1280px-Virginia_US_Congressional_District_5_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

Lynchburg. Falwell. Liberty "university" . My parents.

Stop playing liberty WFU.

That Pence picture was strange.
200611064550-pence-deleted-tweet-super-169.jpg

The black guy is up front. The perhaps Indian guy is near the front. It's almost all men to Pence's left and disproportionately women on his right.

Not a single mask in the group either. How long before those positive tests come back?

Not a single mask in the group either. How long before those positive tests come back?

That’s why he took it down. Violating VA regulations with so many people in one place as well.

Lynchburg. Falwell. Liberty "university" . My parents.

Stop playing liberty WFU.

Riggleman lost to Good. A district hundreds of miles across held a primary on one location, in the challenger's hometown. Predictable shitshow. Would be interesting to see Riggleman switch to (I), like Amash.

https://www.roanoke.com/news/local/...cle_d72e9ce4-7f60-5d65-9fc8-0282515f3706.html

Meanwhile, Good has this guy on his side

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/con...1227906&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"You had a black man in the presiden[cy] for eight years and you're crying foul, or white supremacy? You give the devil an inch, and he'll be your ruler. These minorities will not be satisfied," Eddie Deane, a campaign surrogate, said in the video first reported by CBS19. He later told the station his comments were taken out of context.

Deane also generalized the entire LGBTQ community as "a bunch of queers" and as "strange people.

Amash was excommunicated from the party. He didn’t really “choose” to be an Independent.

No idea what thread this should go in, but this apparently is real life.

No idea what thread this should go in, but this apparently is real life.

Watching Perlman tie both Jordan and Cruz into pretzel shapes would be highly entertaining, I would think.

Lol

Cruz challenges someone to a wrestling match...with someone else.

I think there’s a word for that.

Lol

Cruz challenges someone to a wrestling match...with someone else.

I think there’s a word for that.

If the modern GOP was compared to the TV series Mad Men, Cruz would be Pete Campbell, without any of his redeeming traits.

Cruz is also one of the few men in the world who looks worst with a beard. Only a special breed can fuck that up.

On second look I think its because he shaves it too thin, but still, yuck.

Last edited:
If the modern GOP was compared to the TV series Mad Men, Cruz would be Pete Campbell, without any of his redeeming traits.

If the GOP was Mad Men is a fun thought exercise until you realize there's no Peggy and they all think Trump is Don Draper.

Cruz is also one of the few men in the world who looks worst with a beard. Only a special breed can fuck that up.

On second look I think its because he shaves it too thin, but still, yuck.

Maybe full beard would look better. I don't know. He's not much to work with.

Back