• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Professor Griff >>>> RJKarl >>>> DeSean Jackson

Chuck D also promotes Nation of Islam.

Great track though.

A big talking point among many conservatives right now is that Black Lives Matter is a "Marxist" organization. The Honorable Senator Marsha Blackburn of TN tweeted today that:

"The life of every African American matters.

But Black Lives Matter is a 501 (c)(3) organization run by "trained Marxists."

We cannot allow our great country to be destroyed under the pretense of social justice."

I had no idea that we had large numbers of "trained Marxists" bent on subverting America, and that social justice is a dirty word.

Don't disagree with you at all, except the power part. Washington never wanted it. Slavery is the original sin of the country.

I’m not sure that’s true of Washington, but it’s a nice mythos. He didn’t like politics mostly because of his own insecurities about his lack of formal education, but you don’t achieve the ranks he did without wanting some power.

I’m not sure that’s true of Washington, but it’s a nice mythos. He didn’t like politics mostly because of his own insecurities about his lack of formal education, but you don’t achieve the ranks he did without wanting some power.

reads kinda like the Southern mythos that Robert E Lee was just an honorable man and had no choice but to fight, even though he didn't want to

A big talking point among many conservatives right now is that Black Lives Matter is a "Marxist" organization. The Honorable Senator Marsha Blackburn of TN tweeted today that:

"The life of every African American matters.

But Black Lives Matter is a 501 (c)(3) organization run by "trained Marxists."

We cannot allow our great country to be destroyed under the pretense of social justice."

I had no idea that we had large numbers of "trained Marxists" bent on subverting America, and that social justice is a dirty word.

"Social justice" is a very dirty word in conservative circles.

Professor Griff >>>> RJKarl >>>> DeSean Jackson

Chuck D also promotes Nation of Islam.

Great track though.

And Professor Griff strikes again; this time taking down Nick Cannon with him.

This stuff is ridiculous. And stupid.

https://apnews.com/96582f359cdfd347a9f3f7cec68756e7

In Cannon’s hour-plus podcast, he and Griffin contend that Black people are the true Hebrews and that Jews have usurped their identity.

Cannon then segues into a discussion of skin color — “And I’m going to say this carefully,” he begins — to allege that people who lack sufficient melanin are “a little less.”

Those without dark skin have a “deficiency” that historically forced them to act out of fear and commit acts of violence to survive, he said.

“They had to be savages,” Cannon said, adding that he was referring to “Jewish people, white people, Europeans,” among others.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/nick-cannon-viacom-cbs-fired-anti-semitic-comments-1028904/

On a June 30th episode of the podcast, Cannon aired an interview with Richard Griffin, better known as Professor Griff, a former member of Public Enemy who was fired from the group after he said Jews responsible for “the majority of wickedness that goes on across the globe” in a 1989 interview with The Washington Times. When Griffin stood by his comments on Cannon’s Class, Cannon replied, “You’re speaking facts. There’s no reason to be scared of anything when you’re speaking the truth.”

Elsewhere in the episode, Cannon referenced anti-Semitic conspiracy theories regarding “the Rothschilds, centralized banking, the 13 families, the bloodlines that control everything even outside of America.” After Griffin suggested that Jews wielded outsized control in media, Cannon again alluded to the Rothschilds, a banking family long-tied to anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar condems Anti-Semitism in sports.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...utrage-anti-semitism-sports-hollywood-1303210

When reading the dark squishy entrails of popular culture, meh-rage in the face of sustained prejudice is an indisputable sign of the coming Apatholypse: apathy to all forms of social justice. After all, if it’s OK to discriminate against one group of people by hauling out cultural stereotypes without much pushback, it must be OK to do the same to others. Illogic begets illogic.

Ice Cube’s June 10 daylong series of tweets, which involved some creepy symbols and images, in general implied that Jews were responsible for the oppression of blacks. NFL player DeSean Jackson tweeted out several anti-Semitic messages, including a quote he incorrectly thought was from Hitler (not your go-to guy for why-can’t-we-all-get-along quotes) stating that Jews had a plan to “extort America” and achieve “world domination.” Isn’t that SPECTRE’s job in James Bond movies?

These statements would be laughed at by anyone with a middle-school grasp of reason, but then former NBA player Stephen Jackson, a self-proclaimed activist, undid whatever progress his previous advocacy may have achieved by agreeing with DeSean Jackson on social media. Then he went on to talk about the Rothschilds owning all the banks and his support for the notorious homophobe and anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan. That is the kind of dehumanizing characterization of a people that causes the police abuses that killed his friend, George Floyd.

Apologies in advance for clogging up the White Supremacy thread with anti-semitism.

Republicans definitely eat the things they say they eat.
s0fzstb7mba51.jpg

Biff, it's the GOP Debacle thread, not the random Black celebrities debacle thread.

I'm laughing hard at the idea of right-wingers just gobbling up cans of beans to own the libs.

Biff, it's the GOP Debacle thread, not the random Black celebrities debacle thread.

I'm laughing hard at the idea of right-wingers just gobbling up cans of beans to own the libs.

Apparently his platform consists of owning the libs and making them cry. He doesn't seem very interested in much else. Which makes him a perfect Trumpite GOP candidate.

Yeah, I know. That's why I apologized. Now Dywane Wade has stepped in it. Maybe it's not random. Should I put it on the anti-semitic black figures thread ?

Do we have an anti-Semitic thread? I thought we did.

I don't know why people can't just criticize out of touch wealthy people without getting into anti-Semitism.

Back