• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

^^^
Dont be naive enough to think that the GOP wouldn't do this at the federal level.

I'm talking about calling a Constitutional Convention to propose amendments that would affect the balance of power.

KW Miller starts his day with coffee and two cans of beans? I mean, your day is pretty much over at that point...

I'm talking about calling a Constitutional Convention to propose amendments that would affect the balance of power.

They did that over 200 years ago.

At least Larry Hogan's 2024 pitch was related to the pandemic.

Actually they don't. They haven't been serious about the pandemic from the beginning, and some actually see it as a liberal elitist plot to bring down Dear Leader (such as Chuck Woolery's recent, now deleted, tweet). They can't run on the great economy anymore, their response to the pandemic has been spectacularly incompetent, and so they're doubling down on throwing red meat to their base. They're going to ratchet up the culture wars times ten before November. The election will likely be portrayed as the last great stand of White America, and the Trump administration is only thing left standing between white Real Americans and the collapse of civilization as they know it. It's all they've got left.

Last edited:
Thanks for being obtuse.

I honestly don't know what your point is. Are you saying that Republicans would call a Constitutional Convention to create a state-level EC?

At least Larry Hogan's 2024 pitch was related to the pandemic.

welp:

US senator — without data — says NC Hispanics get COVID more due to not wearing masks

Senator Thom Tillis of North Carolina said Hispanics in his state have higher rates of coronavirus and are less likely to social distance and wear masks.

“Wear the mask out of respect. And I will tell you I’m not a scientist and I’m not a statistician, but one of the concerns that we’ve had more recently is that the Hispanic population now constitutes about 44% of the positive cases. We do have some concerns that in the Hispanic population we have seen less consistent adherence to social distancing and wearing a mask,” Tillis said during a town hall on Tuesday.

White adults are less likely to say they’ve worn masks compared to Hispanics, Black, and Asian Americans, according to a survey by the Pew Research Center.

Pew found 62% of white adults said they wore masks in businesses and stores in the past month, compared to 74% of Hispanic adults, 69% of Black adults, and 80% of Asian adults.

Looks like Tillis has decided to join with Dear Leader and double-down on the bigotry and anti-immigrant nativism to try and eke out another term. When you're behind in the polls, ditch all the usual Republican boilerplate rhetoric about balanced budgets and tax cuts and small pro-business government that even the base doesn't really care about anymore, and double down on the culture wars and racism and sexism and owning the libs rhetoric that they do care about. Welcome to Donald Trump's GOP.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

The end is a good example of GOP cognitive dissonance. They want to be the ones exercising the violence.

————
On page 1,776 of his PDF, he writes something that would ring chillingly accurate this week: “The Feminists should be careful in their meddling with nature. There are 300 million firearms in this country, and most of them are owned by guys.”

And on page 1,880: “It makes no sense for men to disarm in the face of an evil that wants to exercise totalitarian power over them. They have a right to revolt against that tyranny, to take it down. It doesn’t matter whether it’s the tyranny of George III or the Feminists.”

———-

By the way, it’s still worth investigating if this has anything to do with Salas being assigned the Deutche Bank case.

Back