• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

In late June, Fox posted on Facebook a video in which he complained about the state’s judicial system and COVID-19 restrictions on gyms operating in Michigan.

“Fox referred to Governor Whitmer as ‘this tyrant b----,’ and stated, ‘I don’t know, boys, we gotta do something,” according to the court affidavit. “You guys link with me on our other location system, give me some ideas of what we can do.”

Five months ago:

But Whitmer's the bad one for criticizing Trump for faning the flames.

Five months ago:

can we just go ahead and arrest every guy who is trying to look like Hollywood's depiction of retired navy seals?

Trump just seems to love calling white supremacists very good or fine people. They're just a little angry, enough to overthrow an elected government and kidnap a popular state governor, whom they call a bitch, among other choice words. And Trump is their hero and guide.

I was thinking a lot about this today. If these guys were Arab, Trump would have drone striked (struck?) them already.

If Biden were to win the election and designate these groups as terrorist groups how do you get around 1st Amendment issues?

Do you have to wait for them to do something illegal and then arrest them?

What’s the road map to wipe this out?

I was thinking a lot about this today. If these guys were Arab, Trump would have drone striked (struck?) them already.

If Biden were to win the election and designate these groups as terrorist groups how do you get around 1st Amendment issues?

Do you have to wait for them to do something illegal and then arrest them?

What’s the road map to wipe this out?

These guys are idiots. Let's start with not antagonizing them and egging them on. When the US President tweets, "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!!!", it's a green light for these people. Also Republicans used to believe in states rights, partly because they worked as laboratories of democracy. But Trump's not thought that one through.

Obviously that’s step one but it’s not like these groups formed overnight.

Back