• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I'm pretty sure that letter gets laughed out of a basic international politics class at any university in the US.

President Obama will leave office in January 2017, while most of us will remain in office well beyond
then—perhaps decades

flabbergasted.gif

A+ at Liberty and Bob Jones

I have distant family that went to Bob Jones that I see every Christmas. Talking with them is like entering a time warp that goes back to the 50's. When I ask them if they want any X-mas punch, you'd think I asked if they wanted acid poured down their throats. They are nervous and constantly looking around like someone is going to blindside them. Its really very comical but I feel sad that they can't wait to get back home where its "safe".

I wish Obama had some balls and bring everyone who signed that letter up on treason charges!
That is reckless and embarrassing on all accounts!!!

Where does the GOP continue to find these morons and those that support them? What a bunch of fools these clowns are and why do they think they can push the world back to their way of doing things in the 1950's? Things change so move forward.

Again Obama moves forward on his own as Pubs refuse to be led by a black man. You seriously can't teach stupid.

I just did some googling and was stunned to find that the guy behind this letter went to Harvard undergrad and law school. I'm not going to lie, this was unexpected. So this guy is either really smart in some areas and really dumb in others (Herman Cain) or he is just a short-sighted politician playing to his base for political gain.

It's funny to watch you all flip your lids over this. The outrage was suspiciously absent when the Dems were getting chummy with the commies back in the day and lambasting Reagan over using his foreign policy powers in Iran-Contra, and it was absolutely missing when all the Democrats started making shit up about George Bush so that their voting base would forgive their votes in favor of the Iraq War.

Get over yourselves. Negotiating with a terrorist state like Iran is bound to get people in a tizzy. Plus the letter isn't factually incorrect. The President enjoys wide latitude to conduct foreign policy and negotiations. That doesn't mean the next President has to give a shit, even though he often does. Even treaties, which require Senate ratification, can be withdrawn from.

I wish Obama had some balls and bring everyone who signed that letter up on treason charges!
That is reckless and embarrassing on all accounts!!!

Actually, they should be charged with violating the Logan Act.

And I thInk PhDeac is right. They get away with this shit because Obama is black. Bill Clinton would go nuclear on this stuff with no problem. Obama does and he's an angry black man.

Actually, they should be charged with violating the Logan Act.

And I thInk PhDeac is right. They get away with this shit because Obama is black. Bill Clinton would go nuclear on this stuff with no problem. Obama does and he's an angry black man.

Yep. That's the rub.

One of the most ridiculous, asinine things I've ever seen politicians of either party do. Iranian leadership must be like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. "Who are those guys?"

That being said, I'm not sure what Obama being black has to do with the matter.

LOL @ Logan Act. Well, I guess I now know 2 people who signed that dumb petition making the rounds on FB.

Thank you goes out to ELC- I was wondering who would be the first one to defend this.

It's funny to watch you all flip your lids over this. The outrage was suspiciously absent when the Dems were getting chummy with the commies back in the day and lambasting Reagan over using his foreign policy powers in Iran-Contra, and it was absolutely missing when all the Democrats started making shit up about George Bush so that their voting base would forgive their votes in favor of the Iraq War.

Get over yourselves. Negotiating with a terrorist state like Iran is bound to get people in a tizzy. Plus the letter isn't factually incorrect. The President enjoys wide latitude to conduct foreign policy and negotiations. That doesn't mean the next President has to give a shit, even though he often does. Even treaties, which require Senate ratification, can be withdrawn from.

Ummm... Iran-Contra? That's really how you want to defend the forty-seven Republican Senators actions? What the fuck? Are you even serious?

Back