• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I wish Obama had some balls and bring everyone who signed that letter up on treason charges!
That is reckless and embarrassing on all accounts!!!

Yes, I agree that this is poisonous political speech. Our government should imprison the signatories forthwith.

Deacs89, do you think Obama's race and heritage have anything to do with the birthed narrative and Republican claims that Obama is a Muslim or do you think Republicans would do that about any Democrat?

You're asking me to know the hearts and minds of people. I also would never deny that racism exists in society. I would think that some people hate the President because of his race. I just do not think it is the dominating factor behind the opposition to Obama. He is a divisive politician no matter his race.

Ph were you offended when Biden said "he's going to put yall back in chains?" or when Reid said "light-skinned" appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." - point is you give these people a pass and only use race as a political weapon to push a political agenda or shut one down. The sad thing is Dems know that 99 % of blacks that voted voted for Obama. Can you think of a single group that votes like that. Dems know it and control you with it. its sad. you are naive to think that racism only exists in one political affiliation or in one race for that matter.

It's not that sick.

south-park-s17e02c12-bummed-out-by-the-cable-company-16x9.jpg

Weird that 89 doesn't seem to know the hearts and minds of people but knows mine just fine.

Black people vote Democrat because Republicans aren't a viable alternative.

Racism exists throughout society but I think people who believe black people are inferior are less likely to vote for a black person or be affiliated with a political party with disproportionately high black voters.

Deacs89, do you think Obama's race and heritage have anything to do with the birthed narrative and Republican claims that Obama is a Muslim or do you think Republicans would do that about any Democrat?

You're asking me to know the hearts and minds of people. I also would never deny that racism exists in society. I would think that some people hate the President because of his race. I just do not think it is the dominating factor behind the opposition to Obama. He is a divisive politician no matter his race.

Ph were you offended when Biden said "he's going to put yall back in chains?" or when Reid said "light-skinned" appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." - point is you give these people a pass and only use race as a political weapon to push a political agenda or shut one down. The sad thing is Dems know that 99 % of blacks that voted voted for Obama. Can you think of a single group that votes like that. Dems know it and control you with it. its sad. you are naive to think that racism only exists in one political affiliation or in one race for that matter.

jh is impressed at this non answer

People playing mental gymnastics to explain away why black people as a group (or really most people of color for that matter at this point) are voting for Democrats really don't come across as intelligent to me. One party is generally apathetic towards many aspects of policy which are disproportionately impactful to people of color while the other party normally makes more of a concerted effort to address some of these issues. That's it.

Weird that 89 doesn't seem to know the hearts and minds of people but knows mine just fine.

Black people vote Democrat because Republicans aren't a viable alternative.

Racism exists throughout society but I think people who believe black people are inferior are less likely to vote for a black person or be affiliated with a political party with disproportionately high black voters.

So you know what all black people think and what is best for them? Do you think voting for Obama in that percentage was because of policies and what is best for them ?

what percentage of black people usually vote for democrats in presidential elections

So you know what all black people think and what is best for them? Do you think voting for Obama in that percentage was because of policies and what is best for them ?

He's not telling you what he thinks black peoples should do, he's telling you why he thinks black people don't vote for the GOP.

in 2012 it was 93% of af-am votes went to obama
in 2008 it was 95%
in 2004 88% went to kerry
in 2000 90% went to gore

i could keep going, but you get the idea - it's pretty staggering

huh. interesting.

in 2012 it was 93% of af-am votes went to obama
in 2008 it was 95%
in 2004 88% went to kerry
in 2000 90% went to gore

i could keep going, but you get the idea - it's pretty staggering

Kerry had mad street cred doe

It is so unbelievably hypocritical that we, as a nuclear armed country, try to tell other countries that they cannot have nuclear power and/or weapons. And we do this as the only country in history to use a nuclear weapon on someone. Twice!

What gives us the right to tell other countries what they can or cannot create? Especially a country that hasn't initiated a war of any kind since they were known as Persia before light bulbs were even a thing.
Thanks. Best laugh of the day.

Back