• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

They want her removed in part for engaging in "rhetoric that explicitly runs counter to American values and patriotism." This from a state that repeatedly elected George Wallace as governor ("I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever!"), and elected Roy Moore to multiple terms as Chief Justice of the State Supreme Court, as well as known KKK members. LOL.

if they don't have a right to own a gun, what are they gonna show up with to serve in the militia, a club?

the problem for the gun-o-phobes is that if you didn't have a gun, you couldn't serve in the militia

that is, private gun ownership pre-supposed serving in the militia

yeah guys, didn't you know that the only thing that makes up a fighting force is guys with guns !

just ask the US Army! oh wait, infantry is only about 15%?

Words matter until they don't mean what I want them to.

WV GOP Senator caught in prostitution sting
http://wvmetronews.com/2019/08/28/a...r-w-va-senators-arrest-in-prostitution-sting/

More broadly, the situation started with a prostitution sting in Glen Dale.
cortnie-clark-113x150.jpg
Cortnie Clark
Clark was suspected of using her cell phone and advertisements on websites to let potential prostitution customers get in contact with her. Her rates, police said, were $120 for half an hour or $190 for an hour.
Clark was charged June 14 with prostitution and operating a house of prostitution.
“Mr. Clark further admitted to becoming a prostitute so she could purchase narcotics, specifically heroin,” according to the criminal complaint in Maroney’s arrest.
Six people were arrested initially. Maroney was not one of the first, but the number that was eventually traced to him came up in Clark’s phone.
As the Gazette-Mail and then Wheeling’s Intelligencer newspaper described, police had to get a search warrant for Maroney’s vehicle, which had been left at the Pittsburgh International Airport as Maroney traveled, to retrieve the phone.
The criminal complaint that was filed this week described the first documented text message at 12:11 p.m. May 14 when Clark sent “u call last night.”
At 2:18 p.m. that day, she received the response, “yes i can call tonight too at about the same time i work until 2am.”
The criminal complaint describes more messages setting up a meeting at 2 a.m., plus a conversation about a monetary amount and length of time for sexual services.
As the conversation continued, the criminal complaint states, Clark asked for a photograph.
The response was: “i cant send pic… but i am normal and nice.”
Clark replied, “i cant meet w out pic sorry. Have a good night babe.”
The response to her was, “ok sorry i could be a regular.”
Clark then responded that she needed a picture, saying she recently had been robbed by someone using multiple numbers.
The text conversation continued that way until a text came from Maroney’s phone: “i want to meet… if i send pic is it a go?”
After that, the criminal complaint describes conversations setting up multiple encounters in a car and in a house.

On the topic of Omar: https://theintercept.com/2019/08/28...n-a-republican-smears-muslims-theres-silence/

“I think you’re going to see this influence in the Democratic Party grow and grow and grow over time, but ultimately become the dominant influence within the Democratic Party, where the Democratic Party will become very strongly anti-Jewish and anti-Israel,” Brooks added. (These comments start at about the two-minute mark of this recording of the show).

Wow. I have been reporting on Islamophobia in U.S. politics for more than a decade, and I honestly cannot remember coming across a more brazenly Islamophobic statement from an elected member of Congress. “Growing influence of the Islamic religion” among Democrats? “More and more Muslims” winning elections? The “dominant influence”? “Anti-Jewish”? In an age of rising white nationalism, in which Muslims have been gunned down in mosques by domestic terrorists who believe such conspiracy theories about Islam, these remarks aren’t just offensive, they’re downright dangerous.

So you might think the media — and the Democrats — would be all over Brooks and the Republicans, right?

Right?

Not quite. I asked Parker Molloy, of Media Matters for America, to check the numbers. In terms of cable news, Molloy found that in the seven days after Omar’s “Benjamins” tweet, “Fox News mentioned her during 21 shows, CNN in 53, and five on MSNBC.” The freshman Democrat’s name, according to a Lexis search, was also mentioned in a whopping 479 newspaper articles.

And in the seven days since Brooks’s remarks? Zero mentions of him in the national press. Zero coverage of him on network and cable news. Not one story; not one report.

Oh look another complete coincidence where Trump imagery just happens to include dog whistles to online white supremacists! What an honest mistake!

But he’s not racist, just a person capitalizing on racism !

-catamount

Back