Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 435

Thread: Getting America Back to Work - Weigh In

  1. #1

    Getting America Back to Work - Weigh In

    So......is the three step plan the Administration announced this Evening a sound, logical strategy?

    Weigh in.
    Last edited by DeacsPop; 04-16-2020 at 07:46 PM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    74,106
    like deep red states will follow anything before the re-open too soon and people start dying.

  4. #4
    Itís a PowerPoint, not a plan.

  5. #5
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    45,718
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post
    So......is the three step plan the Administration announced this Evening a sound, logical strategy?

    Weigh in.
    No, leaving it up to the states is just a straight dereliction of duty
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  6. #6
    Hard to tell with VERY little details given. As it is now, I can easily envision some of these states opening up and then getting hammered with the virus.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    No, leaving it up to the states is just a straight dereliction of duty
    Why? Every State in the Country face different challenges and different degrees of CV 19 infestation. Thus, different paths to recovery. Makes perfect sense to me.

  8. #8
    Link to the plan?

  9. #9
    Basically another powder puff piece by Trump to give false hope to people and keep market up. Reality is no significant changes can take place in metros until Govs approve and that wont happen until testing and tracing is in place. Unfortunately I would bet that is 2-3 months away at best.

  10. #10
    Robert O'Kelley
    DeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Posts
    7,071
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    No, leaving it up to the states is just a straight dereliction of duty
    As opposed to letting the administration decide. I'll take my chances with my governor.

  11. #11
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    111,188
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsPop View Post
    Why? Every State in the Country face different challenges and different degrees of CV 19 infestation. Thus, different paths to recovery. Makes perfect sense to me.
    A virus doesnít respect state lines.

  12. #12
    Does the plan include any specific provisions to increase testing nationally, or at the state levels? Seems that would be a common sense requirement if you're going to open things back up. I haven't seen a link to it, so I don't know the details.

  13. #13
    Robert O'Kelley
    DeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Posts
    7,071
    Quote Originally Posted by saltydeac View Post
    Basically another powder puff piece by Trump to give false hope to people and keep market up. Reality is no significant changes can take place in metros until Govs approve and that wont happen until testing and tracing is in place. Unfortunately I would bet that is 2-3 months away at best.
    I don't think it is 2-3 mos away on testing. MN is at 1,000 tests a day. They have a vision to get that to 20K a day and I don't think that is 2-3 mos away. Even before 20K a day they'd be able to try and do a South Korea style test and track and SQ as we have a fraction of SK's population. What seems less clear is when is the state going to peak and how that varies from place to place.

  14. #14
    Robert O'Kelley
    DeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Posts
    7,071
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    A virus doesnít respect state lines.
    No. But that doesn't mean the situation in Wyoming is at all akin to the situation in Boston.

  15. #15
    Brain trust here has it covered

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacMan View Post
    I don't think it is 2-3 mos away on testing. MN is at 1,000 tests a day. They have a vision to get that to 20K a day and I don't think that is 2-3 mos away. Even before 20K a day they'd be able to try and do a South Korea style test and track and SQ as we have a fraction of SK's population. What seems less clear is when is the state going to peak and how that varies from place to place.
    Great to hear that is the case. You feel same about states having the resources and ability to track as well?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    Itís a PowerPoint, not a plan.
    Donít tell Pete Buttigieg
    We're going to be good again.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    Link to the plan?
    There is no plan, is there? Damn it

  19. #19
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    45,718
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacMan View Post
    As opposed to letting the administration decide. I'll take my chances with my governor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    Does the plan include any specific provisions to increase testing nationally, or at the state levels? Seems that would be a common sense requirement if you're going to open things back up. I haven't seen a link to it, so I don't know the details.
    According to Andy Slavitt today, the testing companies are actually slowing down production because the health insurance companies are underpaying for the tests and there's no national coordinated buyer.

    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    and there's no national coordinated buyer.
    oh ffs
    We're going to be good again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •