• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

New GA Senate Kelly Loeffler dumped stocks after the same Senate briefing.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-kelly-loeffler-dumped-millions-in-stock-after-coronavirus-briefing

Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) reported the first sale of stock jointly owned by her and her husband on Jan. 24, the very day that her committee, the Senate Health Committee, hosted a private, all-senators briefing from administration officials, including the CDC director and Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institutes of Health of the United States, on the coronavirus.

“Appreciate today’s briefing from the President’s top health officials on the novel coronavirus outbreak,” she tweeted about the briefing at the time.
That first transaction was a sale of stock in the company Resideo Technologies worth between $50,001 and $100,000. The company’s stock price has fallen by more than half since then,and the Dow Jones Industrial Average overall has shed approximately 10,000 points, dropping about a third of its value.

It was the first of 29 stock transactions that Loeffler and her husband made through mid-February, all but two of which were sales. One of Loeffler’s two purchases was stock worth between $100,000 and $250,000 in Citrix, a technology company that offers teleworking software and which has seen a small bump in its stock price since Loeffler bought in as a result of coronavirus-induced market turmoil.

Loeffler’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the transactions and whether they were prompted or informed by information shared at that late January briefing. It’s illegal for members of Congress to trade on non-public information gleaned through their official duties.

I think the more egregious part than the insider trading is the pretending to your constituents that it wasn’t going to be a problem.

I think the more egregious part than the insider trading is the pretending to your constituents that it wasn’t going to be a problem.

Yeah. Both reinforce the idea that Republicans are only about money and power and will do anything for money and say anything to maintain power.

Did you know that Trump was a piece of shit? He is, he's a piece of shit.

Trump is a completely disorganized, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants off-the-cuff type, but there's no doubt he's doing this as part of a plan. I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen Miller is behind the planning - "OK, Mr. President, when you speak at these conferences make sure you say "Chinese Virus" or "Wuhan Virus" as many times as you can. Your fans will love it!"

Trump is a completely disorganized, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants off-the-cuff type, but there's no doubt he's doing this as part of a plan. I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen Miller is behind the planning - "OK, Mr. President, when you speak at these conferences make sure you say "Chinese Virus" or "Wuhan Virus" as many times as you can. Your fans will love it!"

There was that Ben Shapiro tweet that somebody posted. They want to trigger the rubes by getting people to complain about xenophobia.

Congressional Democrats are pushing for more legislation to provide support for people suffering from - and for recovery from - the effects of the coronavirus shutdown, but Mitch McConnell remains skeptical: "As Speaker Pelosi prepares the House to pass sweeping “Phase 4” economic legislation this spring, Senate Majority Leader McConnell is throwing cold water on Democrats’ hopes to address the crisis by boosting infrastructure spending and social programs..."I'm not going to allow this to be an opportunity for the Democrats to achieve unrelated policy items they wouldn't otherwise be able to pass,” McConnell said on Hugh Hewitt’s radio program on Tuesday morning...House Democrats indicated on Monday they are already beginning to work on their legislation. But McConnell said it could be days, if not weeks, before his majority has assessed what is needed in addition to last week’s $2 trillion stimulus bill."

However, Mitch did say that any more federal judicial vacancies would be fast-tracked to fill: "McConnell did make a commitment on one thing, however. When asked by Hewitt whether the Senate would resume confirming Trump’s judicial nominees, he replied: "My motto for the rest of the year is to leave no vacancy behind.” So yes on ramming through more judicial appointments, but probably no to more aid to people hurting from this crisis - especially if a Democrat proposes it.

Seriously, fuck this guy. And he'll almost certainly be reelected this year to boot.

Link: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/31/mcconnell-pelosi-draw-coronavirus-battle-lines-157137

Check the timestamps.
91860169_2628141690753935_4613402476337430528_o.jpg

This MF right here linked the Wikipedia page for scientific method.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

Good news for Dems in down ballot races. Republicans have to hitch themselves to Trump.

The rest of those polls show that this AstroTurf “reopen” movement has a tough Hill to climb. I’m sure it will grow in support as it becomes the default Republican position.

Last edited:
AstroTurf = fake grass. It's a play on "grassroots movement."

Back