• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I don't think it's exactly a secret that many GOP Senators have had private concerns about Trump's behavior and actions since he first took office. The problem is that virtually none of them, except for McCain (and maybe Romney once or twice), have had the guts to actually call out Trump or oppose him in any meaningful way, out of a total fear of his response and that of his base, which is also their base. The most we have gotten are some "I'm so concerned" furrowed brows from Collins and maybe one or two others. In the end, though, they've always fallen in line. IMO, the only reason they're hinting that they might, just might speak up now is because his polling numbers are looking bad, and there's growing concern in the GOP high command that he may drag down their Senate candidates this year and cost them the Senate as well as the White House. If his polling numbers improve, my guess is that even these bare hints of some newfound independence will quickly vanish.

That's one of the frustrating things about Lisa Murkowski. Trump's "base" (before he was a candidate) beat her in 2010. She won the general as a write in candidate. That's bananas!

It's a reminder that it's not just fear of Trump's base. They also want the tax cuts and the judges and the permission to drill in wildlife refuges.

That's one of the frustrating things about Lisa Murkowski. Trump's "base" (before he was a candidate) beat her in 2010. She won the general as a write in candidate. That's bananas!

It's a reminder that it's not just fear of Trump's base. They also want the tax cuts and the judges and the permission to drill in wildlife refuges.

I agree that they want all of those items, but I do think that for most of them the real fear is that if they come out against Trump they'll get primaried or quickly beaten up by Trump tweets or statements. Murkowski is an exception in that regard. I think most of them don't believe they can afford to piss off their (and Trump's) base.

Ah, he's now recruiting human shields and cannon fodder for the WH barricades, I see. #magashield

Why does he need them? The liberals hate guns, what are they going to do? Blow weed smoke in his face?

This is South Carolina's state treasurer

EZsOR0pXkAEzAb5

Last edited:
So Curtis is an anarchist? He doesn't seem to be a fan of rules and laws.

So now we know where the never trumper LG and the grab em by the p*ssy potus found common ground.

Back