• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I think it is obvious that you can’t debate me.
You can’t acknowledge that white slave owners. . . white people that chose to own, fucking own like property, black people. . . were white supremacists. Come on. It can’t be any more clear than that. How do you define white supremacist?

I called you a racist sympathizer. I meant that you sympathize with racists. I did not mean to directly call you a racist. If you choose to debate, I imagine we will see how fine that line is.
I am not Joe Biden nor am I affiliated with his campaign. I am not sure how my comments on a message board influence your vote. I think we can hazard a pretty accurate guess, though.

I don't even know what tr wants, except to call me racist. Said They whoever they are don't need me. It ain't joe.

I am asking this sincerely, why do you think you are being called a racist? Have you ever really thought about what was motivating people to believe you are racist so often that you are tired of it? Have you seen any room where you might grow and help improve life for others?

Being a moderate and drawing lines makes people angry.

Last edited:
If the line must be debated. I am on the side of Mt. Rushmore. Still voting for Joe.

Last edited:

Thank you! I was waiting for someone to bring up this rampant problem in American history.

It's amazing how people don't understand the difference between systems in which prisoners of war or prisoners were slaves or indentured servants vs. a system of chattel slavery in which people were determined to be slaves based on the color of their skin and the situation in which they were born.

Well it's not amazing that the consistently least intelligent among us don't understand.

Stop engaging with Angus. He never knows what he's talking about and he adds nothing to any discussion. He's the one poster who has absolutely no area of expertise.

It's amazing how people don't understand the difference between systems in which prisoners of war or prisoners were slaves or indentured servants vs. a system of chattel slavery in which people were determined to be slaves based on the color of their skin and the situation in which they were born.

Well it's not amazing that the consistently least intelligent among us don't understand.

Stop engaging with Angus. He never knows what he's talking about and he adds nothing to any discussion. He's the one poster who has absolutely no area of expertise.

I wouldn't call my responses to angus "engagement" as much as I would call them mockery. The dude is an imbecile and thoroughly disingenuous, at best. I enjoy making fun of him.

Slavery is universally bad, and America was built on an ideology of white supremacy fueling and fueled by race-based chattel slavery. Those thoughts aren’t competing. It’s weird that Brad thinks they might be.

Center, there’s much to admire about George Washington, even he wouldn’t give himself a pass on slavery. He agonized over being a slave owner. He knew that it was an evil and morally repugnant institution, but he participated because it maintained his wealth and power. He freed his slaves upon his death where that was no longer a concern. If he had kids, he probably wouldn’t have freed them. It’s ok to be honest about that, Washington was.

Don't disagree with you at all, except the power part. Washington never wanted it. Slavery is the original sin of the country.

Last edited:
The University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts has decided to remove a John Wayne exhibit. Wayne, who attended USC for a time on a football scholarship, gave a 1971 interview to Playboy magazine where he said some blatantly racist things about blacks, Native Americans, and anti-gay comments as well. Students at USC have been calling for the removal of the exhibit for some time. The exhibit will be moved to the Cinematic Arts Library on campus, where it will be placed "within the proper archival and research context." Among other things, Wayne said in the interview that "I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility...I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people." I wonder if Trump will tweet about this.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/us/john-wayne-exhibit-usc-trnd/index.html

Last edited:
"Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Mother fuck him and John Wayne"

--"Fight the Power," Public Enemy (1990)

Back