• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I wonder if they could be charged with reckless endangerment...lawyers?

I thought she was a one-off candidate who broke through because of the Tea Party. 2010 was her third campaign. She finished 3rd in the primary in 2006 and she faced Biden in the general in 2008 before winning the nomination again in 2010.

Love his follow up post there.

Republican Wallingford (CT) lawmaker Craig Fishbein criticized for racist retweet

101083590_10216217619888198_3611022762321117184_o.jpg

Did Will continue to say when Trump reaches what is thought to be bottom, he digs deeper and defends it more?

I don't think it's exactly a secret that many GOP Senators have had private concerns about Trump's behavior and actions since he first took office. The problem is that virtually none of them, except for McCain (and maybe Romney once or twice), have had the guts to actually call out Trump or oppose him in any meaningful way, out of a total fear of his response and that of his base, which is also their base. The most we have gotten are some "I'm so concerned" furrowed brows from Collins and maybe one or two others. In the end, though, they've always fallen in line. IMO, the only reason they're hinting that they might, just might speak up now is because his polling numbers are looking bad, and there's growing concern in the GOP high command that he may drag down their Senate candidates this year and cost them the Senate as well as the White House. If his polling numbers improve, my guess is that even these bare hints of some newfound independence will quickly vanish.

Last edited:
Its a damn if you do damn if you don't. The GOP went all in with Trump and what became Trump's base which rightly so were called deplorable catering to the racists, misogynists, etc...Sure that group may be only 10-20% but you aren't winning shit without them, and even more so scared you will have someone primary you.

Its a damn if you do damn if you don't. The GOP went all in with Trump and what became Trump's base which rightly so were called deplorable catering to the racists, misogynists, etc...Sure that group may be only 10-20% but you aren't winning shit without them, and even more so scared you will have someone primary you.

Hillary was underestimating them when she said half. After all this, Trump has 92% approval among Republicans as of the latest Gallup poll.

Hillary was underestimating them when she said half. After all this, Trump has 92% approval among Republicans as of the latest Gallup poll.

Don't completely disagree. I'm curious what % is of head in the sand, indoctrinated people like my parents vs truly awful deplorable assholes. Not really interested in rehashing the debate. I understand both sides and willfully not wanting to know better is terrible. My parents are as culpable as everyone else that voted for this shit show.

Back