• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

What's really pathetic is that nothing she says will make any difference in the runoff election. She could come out tomorrow and say that she longs for the days of segregation, that things "really weren't so bad" back in the days of Jim Crow laws, and pretty much anything else that could be racially offensive, and she'd still win that race in a walk.

She’d get more votes. Missippians make sailor look lucid.

What's really pathetic is that nothing she says will make any difference in the runoff election. She could come out tomorrow and say that she longs for the days of segregation, that things "really weren't so bad" back in the days of Jim Crow laws, and pretty much anything else that could be racially offensive, and she'd still win that race in a walk.

Sadly, yes. We had 3 at-large local school board seats open. Our State Senator used his power in Raleigh to make the race partisan. One of the people running was a well liked and respected lifetime educator and school board member who rejected the state overreach and collected enough signatures to run as an independent. Naturally she lost to a 72 year old retired engineer with no education experience and some crazy ideas about education just because he had an R next to his name. Go America. I live in an R +50 county.

"I don't want you to think I'm picking on you because we're part of the master race," Klemp told Penelton. He then said he didn't like any of the land use options that she had presented to the commission.

Hell of a way to say “I’m not a racist...”

This lady is hilarious. "Jokes" about lynching and voter suppression.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...uGoB2xYb41gsa4AiaxMx6dX69qTrlSUU664gG5gB-EmzA

A video surfaced Thursday of Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi saying it might be a "great idea" to make it harder for some people to vote, and her campaign quickly responded that she was "obviously" joking.

Just like Kemp was joking when he said that it was concerning if minorities and young people voted in Georgia.

RIP, California GOP: Republicans lash out after midterm election debacle

“I believe that the party has to die before it can be rebuilt. And by die — I mean, completely decimated. And I think Tuesday night was a big step,’’ says veteran California GOP political consultant Mike Madrid. “There is no message. There is no messenger. There is no money. And there is no infrastructure.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018...sh-out-after-midterm-election-debacle-1000481

Just like Kemp was joking when he said that it was concerning if minorities and young people voted in Georgia.

After Abrams said yesterday that she's ending her campaign (but not making a traditional concession, and filing a federal lawsuit accusing Kemp and the Georgia GOP of "gross mismanagement" in the election), Kemp declared that is was time for all Georgians to unite behind him. I'm sure he really gives a shit about all those people who voted against him, especially black and other minority residents of the state. Shockingly, purging hundreds of thousands of "inactive" voters from the rolls, sponsoring "exact match" rulings that left thousands of voter registrations uncertain, and similar stuff works.

Ohio Republicans are basically putting a knife to the throats of pregnant women and telling them "If you don't have this baby, we will kill you."

The tweets in that article are like prayers to Trump. It's scary.

Ohio Republicans are basically putting a knife to the throats of pregnant women and telling them "If you don't have this baby, we will kill you."

Isn't there a movement among some white Evangelicals to require white women have as many kids as possible, to keep up the white population? I think one expression of this idea is the Quiverfull movement, like the Duggars. I've read some articles over the last decade that argue that at least some of the opposition to abortion lies in the notion that white women have a "responsibility" to pop out white kids to save the race, or something along those lines. I wonder how much of the opposition to abortion lies in this notion, especially given that Ohio has a larger percentage of whites than do many other large states.

Isn't there a movement among some white Evangelicals to require white women have as many kids as possible, to keep up the white population? I think one expression of this idea is the Quiverfull movement, like the Duggars. I've read some articles over the last decade that argue that at least some of the opposition to abortion lies in the notion that white women have a "responsibility" to pop out white kids to save the race, or something along those lines. I wonder how much of the opposition to abortion lies in this notion, especially given that Ohio has a larger percentage of whites than do many other large states.

I have never heard of this. I’ve not heard of the movement and definitely not with that reasoning.

I’m pretty hard on white evangelicals because that’s my background, but I don’t think this represents their views on family planning or their reasoning for opposing abortion.

Quiverfull is definitely a thing. And fears of “white genocide” are definitely a thing.

I don’t know if they’re ideologically linked.

Quiverfull is definitely a thing. And fears of “white genocide” are definitely a thing.

I don’t know if they’re ideologically linked.

Oh, definitely, but I wouldn’t say it’s mainstream evangelicalism (although evangelicalism in the US definitely props up white supremacy)

Back