• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

He’s probably taken both positions. And he’s largely an empty suit mascot who’s happy to say whatever others fill his head with.

Liz Cheney’s was particularly gross and ham handed in one of her previous slams of the Taliban summit, praising Trump for ending the talks at Camp David...the very talks that he was pushing for. Meh, rubes won’t notice

haha...give me a break. that came out of a GOP leader? nope, not buying it!

If you all think that GOP isn’t going to immediately pivot to all pre-Trump bad faith arguments about debt and every other issue, I believe RJ has a bridge he will sell you or something dumb like that

He’s just saying they’re going to gut Medicare and Medicaid if Trump wins and they take back the House.

That’s what I meant.

The notion that Democrats are the reckless-spenders political party that runs huge deficits is an absolute core belief of Republicans, and has been since forever, it seems. I remember a HS math teacher and Republican back in the 80s complaining about "Democrats spending money they don't have" on wasteful government programs. It doesn't matter what the actual facts are (and Reagan ran record deficits throughout the 80s), they'll cling to that belief no matter what. Of course any Dem that's elected next year will face GOP howls of being a "big spender" and all that once they take office, and the GOP will pretend that Trump's reckless spending and deficits never existed, just as Dubya's didn't exist, or Reagan's.

The notion that Democrats are the reckless-spenders political party that runs huge deficits is an absolute core belief of Republicans, and has been since forever, it seems. I remember a HS math teacher and Republican back in the 80s complaining about "Democrats spending money they don't have" on wasteful government programs. It doesn't matter what the actual facts are (and Reagan ran record deficits throughout the 80s), they'll cling to that belief no matter what. Of course any Dem that's elected next year will face GOP howls of being a "big spender" and all that once they take office, and the GOP will pretend that Trump's reckless spending and deficits never existed, just as Dubya's didn't exist, or Reagan's.

Tax cuts explode our debt in similar way reckless spending does. Dems are more fiscally responsible for recognizing this fact. It would help balance budgets if we stopped funneling money into corp/wealth tax cuts.

Clinton took the Reagan/Daddy Bush historically high levels of deficits and turned them into a surplus.

W left the highest deficits in US history. Obama cut them by 2/3.

Trump has almost tripled the deficits Obama left him.

The biggest lie in US political history in the past forty years is that Republicans are fiscally responsible and Dems are the big spenders.

Why the man Trump once called ‘my African American’ is leaving the GOP

Gregory Cheadle, the black man President Donald Trump once described at a rally as “my African American,” is fed up.

After two years of frustration with the president’s rhetoric on race and the lack of diversity in the administration, Cheadle told PBS NewsHour he has decided to leave the Republican party and run for a seat in the U.S. House of Representative as an independent in 2020.

if only there had been a sign...

Deplorable behavior from yet another republican:

Back